Mike1220's 2014 Sierra

Mike1220

I have only had a BDS 6" on my old '05 F-150. Had no issues with it. This time around I'm going RC 2.5 and a Zone 1.5 body lift. Are you doing a lift or level? And so far, in reading others threads, any issues with RCX they have immediately helped and sent parts. They seem to have very excellent customer service. And, their prices are good too.

Those Fuels look sweet. Just depends if you want a bit of a lip or not.

I have only had a BDS 6" on my old '05 F-150. Had no issues with it. This time around I'm going RC 2.5 and a Zone 1.5 body lift. Are you doing a lift or level? And so far, in reading others threads, any issues with RCX they have immediately helped and sent parts. They seem to have very excellent customer service. And, their prices are good too.

Yea. Looks like I may go with the first one. The fuel boosts. Although It looks like I might have to run an adapter. But I like the rims a bit too much to worry about it haha. Although I'm debating now on the 3.5" lift or the 5" lift from RCX. I would go the cheaper route and just get a body lift, but I feel that it may be better to go the full suspension route.

Do you know if you can relocate the trailer hitch to put it back up under the rear bumper like stock after putting on the body lift? I considered going the same route as you but don't want to have anything showing that shouldn't be, including making the hitch look a little distant.

I know the bumpers have new brackets for relocating them, as for the hitch, I think re-welding is the only option. Or live with the gap. That is also the only thing that is slightly holding me back on the body lift. But on surebuttercringe's you can hardly tell a difference. http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/163324-zone-offroad-15-body-lift-installed/?hl=%2Bbody+%2Blift if you click on the pics to go to his photobuck you can zoom in on huge pictures and see it. I don't think it'll be enough to bother me.

I know the bumpers have new brackets for relocating them, as for the hitch, I think re-welding is the only option. Or live with the gap. That is also the only thing that is slightly holding me back on the body lift. But on surebuttercringe's you can hardly tell a difference. http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/topic/163324-zone-offroad-15-body-lift-installed/?hl=%2Bbody+%2Blift if you click on the pics to go to his photobuck you can zoom in on huge pictures and see it. I don't think it'll be enough to bother me.

Yea but doesn't look too clean with that hitch mount showing under the bumper. If there was an easy way to get rid of that I would do the body lift.

• 4 weeks later...

Please don't put black wheels on this truck, and please don't use the RC 3.5" lift. RCs customer service sounds improved, but I'm sure it's because they have lots of experience shipping out replacement parts. Never heard of anyone needing replacement parts from BDS. Your stock wheels look much better than all of those above.

• Like 1

Really nice truck Mike. Like the mods you've done. Did you ever post another picture of the tailgate bar?

Sorry about your Grandfather.

No i never did. I have been meaning to. Just never think of it at night. And I just checked, don't have any pictures of it at night. Sorry, will try to do it soon. And it's alright! He's in a better place now.

Please don't put black wheels on this truck, and please don't use the RC 3.5" lift. RCs customer service sounds improved, but I'm sure it's because they have lots of experience shipping out replacement parts. Never heard of anyone needing replacement parts from BDS. Your stock wheels look much better than all of those above.

Won't be going with the RCX lift. I decided against that about a month ago. You get what you pay for and $500 just sounds too cheap with all the other kits being $1000+. I'm probably not gonna go with BDS anymore just cause of price, but I will go with their sister/brother/ whatever you want to call it, Zone off-road. Go with the 4.5" lift. Something to more easily fit 33s but not too high. I have been thinking that black looks better but I do like some chrome in the rims which is why I was thinking the eagle alloy series 014 black with milled accents (I think the clear coat over the mill work makes it look like chrome almost). Definitly already know what tires Im going with, Toyo R/Ts and I think those would look good on the AE rims.

What makes you say no black rims? Just curious.

I'm completely open to suggestions.

Im definately a fan of black wheels but not on the WDT. It just such a classy color and chrome compliments it. Plus I hate the look of too many different finishes. Paint, chrome, black, machined...it just looks thrown together and doesn't flow. Since you added a chrome bull bar, and still have a chrome grille and bumpers, I would stick with that finish. I would also color match the gmc emblems as opposed to the black. Now on the other hand, if you painted all of he chrome WDT, and had a black bull bar, then black wheels / accents would work better. Just my opinion so take it for what it's worth. But while I'm at it, I used to have a bull bar and I think it looks much cleaner without it. Good luck the the mods and its definately a nice ride.

• Like 1

Im definately a fan of black wheels but not on the WDT. It just such a classy color and chrome compliments it. Plus I hate the look of too many different finishes. Paint, chrome, black, machined...it just looks thrown together and doesn't flow. Since you added a chrome bull bar, and still have a chrome grille and bumpers, I would stick with that finish. I would also color match the gmc emblems as opposed to the black. Now on the other hand, if you painted all of he chrome WDT, and had a black bull bar, then black wheels / accents would work better. Just my opinion so take it for what it's worth. But while I'm at it, I used to have a bull bar and I think it looks much cleaner without it. Good luck the the mods and its definately a nice ride.

Duely noted! Thanks for the advice. I'm always open to opinions, could help sway me in a way that I may be happier that I didn't think of originally!

The next weekend that I get a chance I will certainly try some different things color matched with some plastidip.

I was considering the black AE rims cause I think the black keeps the attention away from the truck and I have seen the rims in person and the mill work doesn't look milled. It looks like it was originally all chrome and then painted over black. The black keeps the eye focusing more on the truck while the chrome accents will help tie it all together with the truck.

I have also considered the all chrome version of that rim. It may be a better option, especially after hearing your suggestion.

All that being said, I am still in the thought process, I may end up getting a different rim if I find something better or I may end up just getting some spacers to push the stock rims out just a tad.

Alrighty, so this afternoon I did some more work to the truck. I removed the air valence, side steps, and added some rigid dually D2 driving patterns

I decided to go with the rigids cause I figure I do a lot of driving in low light situations and when there is other traffic infront of me, I'll just use the headlights and when no one else is around I'll use the pods! still need to do the fog lights on with high beams mod.

One stocker, one pod:

Pods:

post-127147-141178201311_thumb.jpg

I don't have any pictures of the front and sides with the aie valence and side steps removed, I will get some tomorrow though. Also I went ahead and pulled the radio surround and the air vent surrounds off and plastidipped them black. Look good IMO, but I am considering peeling it off and going back to stock for the trim.

post-127147-141178214095_thumb.jpg