Full Lock's 2014 Black 6.2L SLT Z71

Full Lock

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I agree, I like this look and I am currently asking around to get the most out of my tire size to duplicate it. I will be putting in a rough country lift/level kit of 3.5" front and 1.75" rear on my 2014 Silverado (I'm assuming the trim is the same as the GMC). I also have been looking at rim dimensions identical to yours (including -12 offset). You mentioned your 305/65/18's rub slightly, I'm trying to avoid having to do any trimming of the wells but at the same time want as close to the tire sizes you're using. You're 305/65/18 measure 33.4" x 12.3". I looked up 305/60/18 which measure 32.6" x 12.1" and 295/65/18 that measure 33.1" x 11.8". Any suggestions on tire sizes that would maximize what I can get away with? Thanks

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks man, I love em. Those Falkens were abit slippery in the wet so I know they would've been terrifing in the snow but they were great on the highway.

Just waiting for my truck to get dirty to go flying down some dirt roads to see how these RTs perform.

Have a review for your TGC 2.5" Level Kit? Wondering about getting the same exact one and saw you had it installed already. Any issues regrets?

Nope not one issue. it's a great kit

• 4 weeks later...

I love the look of your lights! Nasty! How did you black them out? Also, what did you use to black out the chrome on your grill?

I cut my headlights apart then sanded, primed and painted everything chrome in the lights with just regular gloss black. I used nite shades for the LED's. All the other chrome I removed, sanded like no other then primed and used truck bed liner to finish it. I have used this method on my last two trucks and seems to work great and hold up very well.

I cut my headlights apart then sanded, primed and painted everything chrome in the lights with just regular gloss black. I used nite shades for the LED's. All the other chrome I removed, sanded like no other then primed and used truck bed liner to finish it. I have used this method on my last two trucks and seems to work great and hold up very well.

Damn, I've never messed with tearing headlights apart. I came close a few times with bikes but that was a lot different than my brand new truck....guess I'll have to think about this one for a bit. You wouldn't happen to know of any threads that break down the process do you?

I have had a lot of people asking me about my headlights... All I did was took a dremel tool and cut the clear lens off where it meets the housing. There is a bead of glue from the factory all the way around where the two meet. From there, I took the dremel again and shaved the tabs off for the LED lenses on the top and bottom, also for the turn signal lens so they could be removed. I then sanded and painted all the chrome on the main piece. For the LED lenses and the turn signal I used niteshades paint to black them out. If you do this, i would only only suggest one coat so that the lights are all still visible. To put it all back together, I used plastiweld to put all the lenses back into the main piece. Then I just used black RTV so reseal it all back together and let them sit for 24 hours. I was a little nervous at first but after doing the first one, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be.

I really should have took some pics and maybe did a video, but the last thing on my mind was documenting it. I was trying not to destroy my $650 headlights, lol.

If you would like some more info or have any further questions, just message me and I will try to help as best as I can.

• 2 weeks later...

Absolutely love this build. I don't usually like the look of smaller wheels like that but I must say I wouldn't change the stance at all. If it were me, I would paint match the bumpers, then it would be 100% perfect IMO.

Well done sir, keep up the good work.

• 5 weeks later...

Archived