Daryl Z71's 2006 Silverado Z71 Re-build

Daryl Z71

Rockauto.com has very good pricing on the Durastops and you can buy some other goodies while you're there.... Do it.

And their shipping costs are great too, better than any other place I've compared them to.

I've bought a few small things from them, but they wanted $40 to ship my drums and $13 to ship the shoes so it would have been a little over $170 total for the same stuff I bought local for $148 and change. Probably cost me less than $10 in gas to pick it up thanks to my Cruze. [emoji6] Edited by Daryl Z71

Wow really? I just paid $11 for five items and one of them is a console cover. But yeah in your case it definitely makea sense.

And I'm very glad that you're willing to put so much into this truck because it deserves a second chance.

Wow really? I just paid $11 for five items and one of them is a console cover. But yeah in your case it definitely makea sense.

And I'm very glad that you're willing to put so much into this truck because it deserves a second chance.

Yea it must depend on where you live too I'm guessing.

The thing that hypes me up over this truck is that it's my favorite body style GM has made to date minus the newer domed hood, and different grille ( I liked 2005's version better). I figured for the price, and all the more I'll drive it that it would be worth it for me to slowly get it back into better shape. It works out better for me than paying a $575 truck payment each month, and it gives me something to wrench on when I'm bored. It's also worth it for me because I won't pay anyone else to work on it.

Edited by Daryl Z71

I like the domed hood. It goes well with the upper hoop on my grille guard.

It works out well on your truck. If I don't do the bumper and grille guard that you have I'll probably put an 03 to 05 hood and grille on mine.

I prefer the 06 grille over the solid single bar. I think it looks cleaner.

I've been looking at a bunch of bumpers lately. I can't find much that looks as streamlined as what I have. I may trade this one back for a smooth metal version.

Frontier has some decent looking ones. 136 pounds bumper and bull bar.

http://www.frontier-gear.com/html/XFBR1/XFBR1.html

182 pounds for bumper and full grille guard

http://www.frontier-gear.com/html/ChevyFBR1/ChevyFBRGallery1.html

My bumper was hanging down on one side before I bought it, but they fixed it. Still doesn't seem real solid so I might end up going with one of those eventually. I imagine it's a way better investment than a new stock one.

If you go 03-05, do the grille up like an SS.

What's the difference? Just the mesh?