Chevrolet Tahoe and Suburban Demand Exceeding Expectations

Official Press Release

DETROIT – The all-new 2015 Chevrolet Tahoe and Suburban are once again proving why they are the segment leaders with demand for the updated SUVs outpacing expectations.

Chevrolet created the SUV segment with the Suburban in 1935, and has been the sales leader in the full-size SUV market ever since. Today, the average turn rate, or how quickly it takes a particular vehicle to sell after it is delivered to the dealer, is 17 days for the Tahoe and 10 days for the Suburban.

“Chevrolet's all-new Suburban and Tahoe offer improved quality, advanced technology and increased fuel efficiency, yet they retain their impressive towing capabilities,” said Karl Brauer, senior analyst for Kelley Blue Book. “Robust sales confirm the ongoing market demand for traditional full-size SUVs with a compelling combination of performance and refinement.”

Retail sales of the Tahoe and the Suburban in April more than doubled from a year earlier. Increasing by 108.4 percent and 109.8 percent over April 2013, respectively. Between the two models, Chevrolet held approximately 50 percent of the full-sized SUV market.

The revamped SUVs received special attention to interior quietness featuring new inlaid triple-sealed doors, and safety technologies like forward collision alert and lane departure warning that provide 360 degrees of crash avoidance and occupant protection.

“The Tahoe and Suburban are the leading vehicles in the segment, and some of the best Chevrolet has ever built,” said Brian Sweeney, U.S. vice president, Chevrolet. “The demand for these refined, functional, and technology-driven models is proof that consumers agree, as well.”

Customers are opting for fully loaded models. In April, 50 percent of all Tahoes sold were the top-of-the-line LTZ model while 65 percent of all Suburbans were in LTZ trim.

The LTZ models come standard with such state-of-the-art equipment as LED daytime running lamps, and the third-generation of magnetic ride control, a real-time damping system that delivers more precise body motion control by “reading” the road every millisecond and changing damping in just five milliseconds.

Other technology features available on the 2015 Silverado and Tahoe include:

• Fold-flat second- and third-row seats that enhance cargo convenience – including an available power-folding feature
  • Available eight-inch color touch screen radio with next-generation MyLink connectivity
  • Up to six USB ports and six power outlets – including a 110-volt three-prong outlet – to support electronic devices of all kinds – a total of up to 12 charging locations
  • Available rear-seat entertainment system with dual screens – Suburban – only – and Blu-ray DVD player
  • Keyless entry and push-button start.

2015-Chevrolet-TahoeAndSuburban-FrontView-LakeTahoe-010.jpg

This post has been promoted to an article

The consumer report jackasses found no end of things to complain about. Just constantly bashing them.

Maybe I should tell them my 75 year old grandma doesn't complain about climbing into my pickup, with no steps. :lol:

Consumer Distorts are a bunch of import humpers. And their complaints about the truck size and step in height show they're all a bunch of Connecticut yuppies. They're great for determining what washing machine you should buy but anyone who sees even a sliver of emotion as a factor in their vehicle purchase have no business listening to anything they say.

Consumer Distorts are a bunch of import humpers. And their complaints about the truck size and step in height show they're all a bunch of Connecticut yuppies. They're great for determining what washing machine you should buy but anyone who sees even a sliver of emotion as a factor in their vehicle purchase have no business listening to anything they say.

couldn't have said it better myself.

Did he say his slacks could get dirty if the Surbaban was muddy. TAKE HIS MAN CARD.

Either C&D or R&T did a satirical review of a Ferrari in the form of Consumer reports several years ago. It was pretty funny.

I'll try to redo it the best I can.

"Car accelerates unnecessarily quickly, cause for concern of extremely poor fuel consumption. Notable lack of sound deadening for a car of this price range, the amount of engine noise heard in cabin is unacceptable. Fuel economy concerns turned out to be valid. Vehicle inexplicably requires premimum fuel. Poor cargo capacity. Brand has unproven reliability, cause for concern for a regular commute."

consumer reports has actually admitted bias towards toyota in their car ratings and admitted they gave them good ratings based on old ratings they had given, they only took away the recommended nod due to the unintended acceleration thing. Long story short, i dont listen to consumer reports when it comes to automobiles.

The GM SUVs are getting the launch right, unlike the K2s that just sat on the lot unsold after launch. Makes you wonder if it is much more than price hurting the K2 launch.

There is not much competition within the large SUV category. Where as half ton trucks, a good percentage of buyers will switch between for a thousand or two.

Delivered to a dealership yesterday & at the edge of the lot was a new 2015 Suburban LTZ that looked really cool.

But here is the important part of the sticker....

Installed Options

• Power-retractable assist steps $1,745.00
  • GVW RATING 7, 500 LBS NO CHARGE
  • Cocoa/Mahogany, Perforated leather-appointed seat trim $295.00
  • Max Trailering Package $500.00
  • Sun, Entertainment and Destinations Package $3,305.00
  • 22" wheels with Premium paint finish and chrome inserts $895.00
  • Theft Protection Package $395.00
  • Chrome exhaust tip $135.00
  • Option Package Discount -$500.00
Total Options $6,770.00
MSRP* $72,465.00

I've been seeing a lot of these around town lately. Hopefully they sell well and live up to the hype.

But yes, a used one will be a great bargain in a few years once those who took the depreciation hit up the rear sell or trade in, or once the leases are over.

The new Fords are a mild refresh and you can't even get a V8. The new prices on the GMs are steep but I can't see those turds challenging GMs market share.

The new Fords are a mild refresh and you can't even get a V8. The new prices on the GMs are steep but I can't see those turds challenging GMs market share.

Does the old 5.4L even count anymore? Of course a ford owner would rather have the ecoboost.

Does the old 5.4L even count anymore? Of course a ford owner would rather have the ecoboost.

Well I think it was your only choice previously. Now with this upcoming model supposedly there will be no V8 option at all. Ford is banking real heavy on this crap. I'm curious to see if anyone will even bother with the 2.7L kiddie EB motor on the F150 when it arrives.

Well I think it was your only choice previously. Now with this upcoming model supposedly there will be no V8 option at all. Ford is banking real heavy on this crap. I'm curious to see if anyone will even bother with the 2.7L kiddie EB motor on the F150 when it arrives.

I can understand the Explorer losing its V8 Option as sort of "Returning to its roots" because the 1st Gen Explorer only offered a V6 in the Beginning; but the Expedition and the Navigator had a V8 from the Start, because they were designed to Compete with the GM SUVs of the day. another Example is the Dodge Durango; its 1st Gen had TWO V8s on offer, and its current Generation Still offers a V8 much like the K2 SUVs. but I agree that Ford is Putting all of its eggs in the Ecoboost (that would be EGOBoost for the F150) basket; whether it be 4 Cylinder or V6.

Archived