Service: Driver Assist System

I searched and came up empty...

I have a Silverado Z71-LTZ

After I start the truck and the parking sensors or lane departure gets used I get a message on my dash that says Service: Driver Assist System.

My parking sensors and lane departure still work fine but they now beep instead of vibrate(what I actually have it set to). I've gotten used to the vibrating seat and hate to hear the beeping. I will not be able to take my truck in for at least 2 weeks so I was wondering if anyone else has had this issue.

The first time this came up was last Saturday morning. After I drove awhile I parked and got back in; the vibrating alert was back and worked the rest of the day with multiple stops. I did not drive anywhere Sunday and ever since Monday morning I got the message along with the beeping alert.

I've checked my settings and they are still on vibrate; I've also tried to reset to factory settings the and still get the same message.

Anyone have any ideas? I'm going to check over any wire connections I can find to make sure it isn't as simple as a loose connection.

This is not a "new" truck; I've had it since the last week of July 2013 and am going on 21k miles.

post-125036-0-26989900-1400071625_thumb.jpg

When I first got my truck, the front parking assist wire was not connected properly which made it look like it was working but beeped every time I stopped and I could not configure the backup camera properly. But mine said, Parking Assist not available - basically, weird errors although it appeared to be working.

Driver Assist System seems to indicate the Land Departure Warning is having an issue (OM says Forward Collision Alert and Lane Departure Warning are "Assistance Systems for Driving").

I would check for loose wires, like you said. I remember someone had weird errors, so they disconnected their battery for a few minutes which cleared up the issue until they took it in. The error stayed in the truck, so their dealer fixed it...I can't find it but I think it had to do with the LDW camera?

Everything seems to be working properly except the vibration alert. The lane departure still works but I only get the beep now; same with the parking sensors. They don't go off randomly or when they aren't supposed to.

With your wire not being connected properly, mine might just be a connection loose that runs to the seat vibration. If I cant find anything there I'll try to disconnect the battery. Hopefully its something this simple so I don't have to leave my truck at the dealership

I could not find any information in our manual or online for Silverado or Sierra but I was able to find this information on Cadillacs

2013 Cadillac

SERVICE DRIVER ASSIST SYSTEM If this message displays, take the vehicle to your dealer to repair the system. Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC), Forward Collision Alert (FCA), Active Emergency Braking System, Assistance Systems for Parking or Backing, and/or Lane Departure Warning (LDW) system may not work. Do not use these systems until the vehicle has been repaired.

2014 Cadillac

SERVICE DRIVER ASSIST SYSTEM If this message displays, take the vehicle to your dealer to repair the system. Adaptive Cruise Control (ACC), Forward Collision Alert (FCA), Active Emergency Braking System, Assistance Systems for Parking or Backing, and/or Lane Departure Warning (LDW) system may not work. Do not use these systems until the vehicle has been repaired. The radar is not clean. Keep the radar sensors free of mud, dirt, snow, ice, and slush. Clean the entire front and/or rear of the vehicle.

I check connections under the seat and everything seems to be fine, there were a lot under there so who knows if I overlook any.

Guess I'm going to just have to take it to the dealership in a couple weeks

• 1 month later...

Didn't get much response from this but I figured I'd give an update in case anyone searched this topic in the future.

They kept my truck for a week trying to find the problem and tried to blame my aftermarket alarm numerous times. My dad bought the same truck after me and has the same alarm installed by the same person with no problems. After going back and forth for a couple days I told them I was on my way up there to talk to whoever I needed to in order to get the problem solved since the service guy I had wasn't doing it.

Magically I got a call within 30 minutes from the service guy and he told me not to come up there because they found the problem.

It ended up being the way the wire for the vibrating seat was ran under the seat. the wire was pinched and caused it to wear itself out over time. I was only my left side, the right was still good. after they ordered parts they told me they installed the new one and routed the wire different.

Not everyone drives as much as I do so this problem may start showing up later on for other people. I'm just a little under 30k miles as of now.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

I have a 2015 GMC Sierra 2500HD SLT, I got the same message on my screen and got beeps while driving instead of seat vibrating, took it to dealer and mentioned reading this forum and what was found with a wire under seat. Dealer inspected under my seat and found the wire harness got stuck in the seat track and yanked out a plug. All fixed and thanks to people that post here as it probably saved me a long hassle as dealer said when I brought it in that they never encountered this problem yet.

• 9 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

My GMC Dealership replaced the actuator (P/N 19353978). No recurrence of alarm message or audio warning. All work was completed as a warranty repair in one day.

• 3 weeks later...

I'm just under 30K and this is happening in my Tahoe.... I hate the beeps and will be taking this into the dealer for service tomorrow. Thank you all for your updates and educating me. I will tell them to look under my seat for a loose wire!!! :)