Post your 2014+ wheel/tire set-up

Getting new tires tomorrow for my spring to fall wheels. Going with Mastercraft CXTs in a 285/65/18. The 275/65/18 Mastercraft AXTs on the wheels now are going on the stock wheels to raplace the GY SRAs. To me, the SRAs belong on a minivan, not a 4x4 truck.

A83F477D-B6EB-4FAB-8EC2-2589CB9994CE_zps

Damn I just ended up selling my 4.5-27 Razor. Could have done a swap trade, did drop some money on coilover's though so there is that lol. I ordered the 0 offset's as the same as yours. Do you think the +18 would have been a better choice with less rubbing?

Depends on the tire/lift. I'm not at all displeased with how my RTs fit. There is mild rubbing at hard full lock, but none other wise. I'm sure -18 might alleviate that but it would be at the cost of throwing anything and everything all over the truck if you're not wanting to drop the cash for fender flares. If i had 295/70/17 MTs i'd probably be rubbing a decent bit.

Edited by 5RWill

Getting new tires tomorrow for my spring to fall wheels. Going with Mastercraft CXTs in a 285/65/18. The 275/65/18 Mastercraft AXTs on the wheels now are going on the stock wheels to raplace the GY SRAs. To me, the SRAs belong on a minivan, not a 4x4 truck.

A83F477D-B6EB-4FAB-8EC2-2589CB9994CE_zps

Please post some pics when you get them! Those are really good looking tires, and they were on my short list before I bought my Falkens.

Please post some pics when you get them! Those are really good looking tires, and they were on my short list before I bought my Falkens.

Will do. Probably be a few weeks before they're on the truck. I've got a feeling winter isn't over yet even though it's been in the 60s.

• Like 1

Thanks. Looks perfect. Exactly what I want. I have the 3 inch as well. Lot of clearance work?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Bit of clearance work. Removed fender plastic trim. Unscrewed and pulled back felt and had to bang the back of wheel wheel a bit to give it more clearance with a rubber mallet. I think like maybe 1/4 inch. After I cut off bottom of plastic piece for even more clearance. After reassembling it looks untouched with felt and plastic cover.

Got my tires today. 285/65/18 Mastercraft Courser CXTs on 18x9 Black Rhino Lucerne. The 275/65/18 Courser AXTs went on the stock wheels and the tire dealer gave me $400 for the stock Goodyear SRAs. The AXTs are staying on until winter is gone.

983F3F04-79DA-4A87-9613-E6E0B3D8FFAB_zps

9ED6794F-7E30-4D7E-BB65-126FFA2EF4C9_zps

7067A420-2CA0-47C8-9809-848BF35F06E3_zps

• Like 2

Man those tires look good. How 'bout a review? Especially how do they ride? How bad is the "low speed, driving on cleats " feeling? What other tires would you compare them close to? Thanks in advance.

Got my tires today. 285/65/18 Mastercraft Courser CXTs on 18x9 Black Rhino Lucerne. The 275/65/18 Courser AXTs went on the stock wheels and the tire dealer gave me $400 for the stock Goodyear SRAs. The AXTs are staying on until winter is gone.

9ED6794F-7E30-4D7E-BB65-126FFA2EF4C9_zps

That is one awesome looking tire and rim combo. Never heard of those tires before but I like 'em. Put 'em on and let's see how they look on that truck! What's your rim offset? Also, what's their mounted size overall height and section width?

Thanks guys. I'm anxious to get them on but gonna wait til winter is gone for good. I ran these wheels 1 winter and they ended up with spots where salt got under the clear around the pockets on the bead. A friend has the CXTs on his 3/4ton Cummins and he really likes them. Says he got 70,000 mi out of the previous version of these tires on his truck.

That is one awesome looking tire and rim combo. Never heard of those tires before but I like 'em. Put 'em on and let's see how they look on that truck! What's your rim offset? Also, what's their mounted size overall height and section width?

Thanks. Mastercraft tires are very popular around here. They are made by Cooper and are similar to the Cooper ST Maxx.

My wheels are +12 offset. The tires spec at 33.0x11.5 on an 18x8.5 wheel. They measure 32.7x11.7 on my 18x9s at 40 psi. Probably would measure 33" if ran at the max 80psi.

Yes. That size will fit on a completely stock truck, so you'll be just fine.

Good to know! Thank you!

Depends on tread pattern. Duratracs rub the carpet in that size on a 2" inch Motofab.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

For those of you that moved to some aggressive heavy 33s like Toyos...what the hell did you do to remedy the loss in MPG? Lol i just cruised here in the delta (it's flat) at 45mph, was holding 17mpg. Compared to 20-24 with the stock tires. I'm thinking exhaust and tune to bring some power back. At the very least to remedy the throttle response issue. I thought the truck was somewhat sluggish with stock tires. Put these huge things on and it's very very noticeable.

An exhaust and intake make a big difference. Also, as stated your calculation is off (for the worse) dive you changed tire sizes. I gained about 3 mpg with my Diablo tune, Borla ProXS and AEM filter. I haven't even changed over the MIT yet. I'm hoping to get a little more after I do that as well.

That being said, the days of 20 mpg around town are still over hahaha! I can get 18 at best. Usually 15. Highway maybe 21 at best... I used to be able to get mid 20's on the highway. I was disappointed but it just looks sooo much better and the rim protection offered by these Duratracs is a huge plus.

Your truck looks sick btw.

Jon

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

• Like 1