Post your 2014+ wheel/tire set-up

2016 Silverado Z71

2.5 inch front/ 1 inch rear with bilsteins all around

OEM GMC A/T 20x9

33/12.50 Toyo M/T

Rubs pretty bad on turns at about 3/4 lock (pulling out of parking spots, etc.) - more forward than reverse....strange?

Rubbing is consistent on the UCA's on both sides (due to bulky stamped steel arms), and that seems to be the only point of contact.

Need recommendations from anyone running wheel spacers please! are the hubcentric ones with the studs the best option? what about reliability? Wheel spacers scare me, but love the look of my truck and as it sits and it took me forever to find these wheels at a good price so they are staying....

post-160004-0-70044700-1487789731_thumb.jpg

• Like 2

2016 Silverado Z71

2.5 inch front/ 1 inch rear with bilsteins all around

OEM GMC A/T 20x9

33/12.50 Toyo M/T

Rubs pretty bad on turns at about 3/4 lock (pulling out of parking spots, etc.) - more forward than reverse....strange?

Rubbing is consistent on the UCA's on both sides (due to bulky stamped steel arms), and that seems to be the only point of contact.

Need recommendations from anyone running wheel spacers please! are the hubcentric ones with the studs the best option? what about reliability? Wheel spacers scare me, but love the look of my truck and as it sits and it took me forever to find these wheels at a good price so they are staying....

That looks awesome. Too bad it's rubbing bad. Would new control arms solve the problem?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

For those of you running RTs on 17s what PSI are you running? My local place airs everything to 40ish so I'm at 42-45psi right now and want to air down to 35 truthfully but would that be too low for this tire?

Nobody can give your the correct answer as every vehicle will be different. I would personally air them down to where you want to be in your head and then chalk test. If you still have a full contact patch then you're good. Personally I never noticed a difference between 35 to 45 PSI. But I also had fox coilovers up front so those helped to I'm sure. And I'm also 27 so my bad feels no pain yet lol.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

An exhaust and intake make a big difference. Also, as stated your calculation is off (for the worse) dive you changed tire sizes. I gained about 3 mpg with my Diablo tune, Borla ProXS and AEM filter. I haven't even changed over the MIT yet. I'm hoping to get a little more after I do that as well.

That being said, the days of 20 mpg around town are still over hahaha! I can get 18 at best. Usually 15. Highway maybe 21 at best... I used to be able to get mid 20's on the highway. I was disappointed but it just looks sooo much better and the rim protection offered by these Duratracs is a huge plus.

Your truck looks sick btw.

Jon

Did you just install one of the canned diablo tunes? Or a custom?

I just got my diablo tuner in yesterday and am currently messing around to find which tune I want.

Haven't gotten to drive it much yet though.

Nobody can give your the correct answer as every vehicle will be different. I would personally air them down to where you want to be in your head and then chalk test. If you still have a full contact patch then you're good. Personally I never noticed a difference between 35 to 45 PSI. But I also had fox coilovers up front so those helped to I'm sure. And I'm also 27 so my bad feels no pain yet lol.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Lol i'm only 26, i don't have Fox' up front, just bilsteins. 45 was definitely noticeable.

Excuse my ignorance but what's the chalk test?

Did you just install one of the canned diablo tunes? Or a custom?

I just got my diablo tuner in yesterday and am currently messing around to find which tune I want.

Haven't gotten to drive it much yet though.

I did a canned tuned. I chose advanced 91+ tune. There's a thread on here with a link for the exploded menu online. It's not as good as it should be but it's better than the manual it comes with. Truck is light years different than stock and now my speedo/odometer is correct.

I did a canned tuned. I chose advanced 91+ tune. There's a thread on here with a link for the exploded menu online. It's not as good as it should be but it's better than the manual it comes with. Truck is light years different than stock and now my speedo/odometer is correct.

Nice! I will have to keep playing around with it then and see what I can get.

I can already feel a difference in the shifting, I need to correct my speedo as well and change the shifts. Excited to see how good it gets.

• Like 1

That looks awesome. Too bad it's rubbing bad. Would new control arms solve the problem?

Thanks man, I appreciate it! It really is a shame that its that bad. Planned on a narrower tire, but came across these for 1k with stickers still on them so I couldn't pass it up. Now I'm here.....looking for information on wheel spacers......hah

https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20170222/6600e93f70f25b1ff1c05f94fbb89f6e.jpg[/img

My 2016 2500, 6.0 with Blackbear Autocal tune. 1.75 level lift, fuel beast 18" wheels with Nitto 285 65 18 grapplers g2. Incognito upper control arms and bilstein 5100s front and back. I also have stable load for pulling my RV.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Thanks man, I appreciate it! It really is a shame that its that bad. Planned on a narrower tire, but came across these for 1k with stickers still on them so I couldn't pass it up. Now I'm here.....looking for information on wheel spacers......hah

The correct answer is to get narrower tires or rims with more negative offset. There is a sticky about spacers....BORLA seems to be the best, but run them at your own risk. They work great, until they don't.

The correct answer is to get narrower tires or rims with more negative offset. There is a sticky about spacers....BORLA seems to be the best, but run them at your own risk. They work great, until they don't.