Post your 2014+ wheel/tire set-up

Thanks! I have not, just back and forth to work since installing and taking to the shop to verify my alignment. Have a couple finishing touches to get done over the weekend. They ride amazing though! A nice firm controlled ride that soaks up big bumps, driveway lips, and speed bumps like they are nothing. No more float and bounce like stock. I could literally drive over my driveway lip at 30mph with an open cup in the cup holder and not spill a thing. Crazy.

Looks like you cranked them to 2.5" or greater?

That SDHQ skid plate looks great. I really want one but I would still need to mount my front license plate to it and I'm not sure if it would look good like that.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

That's a bummer with the front plate. This thing fit absolutely perfect, SDHQ did a great job with this. I'm with you though, not sure it would look right with a front plate.

Truck is BAD. I dig it! Really wishing i could go snag me some Kings for mine. Going for wheels first though

Thanks! No regrets, 100% would spend the money again to do it just like this. The Kings ride like their price tag, worth every penny so far and I haven't even worked them yet.

Edited by 89stroker

Looks like you cranked them to 2.5" or greater?

This is basically how the 3.0's came right out of the box. I ended up adding 1 full turn for CV axle to shock clearance (since the adjusters are on the bottom on the 3.0's) and the height turned out great. Instructions said something crazy like 2.5 or 3 turns = 1" ride height change so I didn't do much with my single turn.

This is basically how the 3.0's came right out of the box. I ended up adding 1 full turn for CV axle to shock clearance (since the adjusters are on the bottom on the 3.0's) and the height turned out great. Instructions said something crazy like 2.5 or 3 turns = 1" ride height change so I didn't do much with my single turn.

Nice.

Thanks! No regrets, 100% would spend the money again to do it just like this. The Kings ride like their price tag, worth every penny so far and I haven't even worked them yet.

Good to know!

This is my 2014 RCSB 2wd. Lowered in front with 2" BellTech Spindles, rear is 2" BellTech Shackles and the block removed, about 3" total.

20x8.5" Black Rhino Pondora wheels with 18mm offset. 275/55-20 GoodYear Eagles. Rubs a little bit in reverse, I expected it though. Kind of want to drop it just a little more to get rid of the rake but don't know how to other than removing the helper leaf spring.

First is a before shot of the day I picked it up used last year:

truck1_zpsiqne6jes.jpg

Second shot is as it sits today after the new wheels and removing the stripe kit, debadge, and tinting it.

Silverado20s_zpsqyo9icpj.jpg

Edited by Ian-NH
  • Like 2

2016 Silverado with 20x9 +18 Gear Alloy Big Block. 295/55/20 Toyo AT2 extreme. 2" RC Level. No Rub.

Love the truck! I have a 2017 just like it. I am wanting to do the same rim size offset and tire size. I like that your wheels are still tucked into the fender well. Your signature says you have a 1.5in body lift, was that done after these pictures? Did you have to do any trimming to clear that setup when you had just 2" RC? Any complaints with the setup and the 2" RC?

Thank you,

• Like 1

Love the truck! I have a 2017 just like it. I am wanting to do the same rim size offset and tire size. I like that your wheels are still tucked into the fender well. Your signature says you have a 1.5in body lift, was that done after these pictures? Did you have to do any trimming to clear that setup when you had just 2" RC? Any complaints with the setup and the 2" RC?

Thank you,

Thanks. No trimming needed with this set-up. My only complaint has been the drop in mileage due to the weight of the tires. I still get 16/18 mpg and I would definitely do it again.

Here's a pic with the added body lift.

Lift%20with%20steps.jpg

A close up of the Wheel/Tire combo

20170305_153239.jpg

• Like 5

Done right man! Can't wait to hear the update after you do some wheelin'!

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Got bored today and hit the farm and CRP for a bit, to see how the RTs handle some Mississippi gumbo. This is coming from street tires so there is a noticeable difference in traction already offroad. In the buckshot heavy clay stuff, you gotta keep em spinning, which i figured as much. Though they do clean out quicker than i thought they would. Also to add for you guys going with 0 offset if you get in mud you're going to want to invest in fender flares with a tire that 11.5" wide or larger. I've got mud on top of my truck, in the bed of my truck, and of course all on the outside. On the CRP with a little more defined bottom i went all the way back on our place in 2wd. This is all at 35psi so driving range for me. If i had a pump i'd air down to 20 just to see the effects.

2z90cip.jpg

2z83j4k.jpg

29dv9uf.jpg

• Like 2

Got bored today and hit the farm and CRP for a bit, to see how the RTs handle some Mississippi gumbo. This is coming from street tires so there is a noticeable difference in traction already offroad. In the buckshot heavy clay stuff, you gotta keep em spinning, which i figured as much. Though they do clean out quicker than i thought they would. Also to add for you guys going with 0 offset if you get in mud you're going to want to invest in fender flares with a tire that 11.5" wide or larger. I've got mud on top of my truck, in the bed of my truck, and of course all on the outside. On the CRP with a little more defined bottom i went all the way back on our place in 2wd. This is all at 35psi so driving range for me. If i had a pump i'd air down to 20 just to see the effects.

2z90cip.jpg

2z83j4k.jpg

29dv9uf.jpg

It looks like you drove through a field of cow dung!

• Like 1