Post your 2014+ wheel/tire set-up

Yup forgot about that one. I do see in mass trucks w tires past the fenders but if they get pulled over who knows. My tint is 20% and legal in mass is 35 but I never have trouble on it. With a - 12 the tires should be a little more tucked. I just wish I knew how far out that it would look. My friend has a f350 with 35x12.5x20 on fuel assaults. Def sits outside. He has had no problems and his truck is big

9649741a744446473fc6b1227b2a4424.jpg

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

• Like 3

Anyone recommend good 33x12 tires on 20x9?

Mainly driving city/highway then offroading and mudding weekends

I have 2.5 rc level/lift

Sent from my LG-LS997 using Tapatalk

Anyone recommend good 33x12 tires on 20x9?

Mainly driving city/highway then offroading and mudding weekends

I have 2.5 rc level/lift

There's a lot of info in this thread about general recommendations. You're going to need to be a lot more specific to get a recommendation that is sure to fit your needs, as opposed to just general blanket statements.

Are you going with the stock wheels? If not, what offset? Do you have aftermarket UCAs? If not, are your stock ones cast steel, stamped steel, or aluminum?

Do you care more about minimizing road noise and better on-road performance or lean more toward maximizing your weekend off-road performance. And will you be driving in snow and ice with them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

305/55 ko2's

These may rub on your sway bar and UCAs depending on wheels and UCAs. This is exactly why I suggest he clarify his current setup.

There's a lot of info in this thread about general recommendations. You're going to need to be a lot more specific to get a recommendation that is sure to fit your needs, as opposed to just general blanket statements.

Are you going with the stock wheels? If not, what offset? Do you have aftermarket UCAs? If not, are your stock ones cast steel, stamped steel, or aluminum?

Do you care more about minimizing road noise and better on-road performance or lean more toward maximizing your weekend off-road performance. And will you be driving in snow and ice with them?

20x9 -1 offset i believe its suppose to sit how stock is from inside.

Aluminum control arms, i was told with the tires that fully oversteer there wont be rubbing with tires. Cant confirm till i get the setup on.

I have all 4 seasons here in my state, id like to still have rating to travel 100, low road noise and be able to grab the trails wet and dry when i take her off the pavement. If possible still get great treadlife too.

Loving your set up as well, looks great! have you actually measured what the ridge grapplers are? i have found nittos to run smaller

yea im curioius what the actually measure

In the driveway at 35psi, front measured just under 32 and and rear just over. I need to contact BFGoodrich and see if I should be running a higher psi.

• Like 1

20x9 -1 offset i believe its suppose to sit how stock is from inside.

Aluminum control arms, i was told with the tires that fully oversteer there wont be rubbing with tires. Cant confirm till i get the setup on.

I have all 4 seasons here in my state, id like to still have rating to travel 100, low road noise and be able to grab the trails wet and dry when i take her off the pavement. If possible still get great treadlife too.

Mines 20x9 20 mm offset 33/12.50r20 almost flush with the body. No rub what so ever I think -1 will be out a little a05bfd3e557ad5942f49406aeed754f1.jpgb4ac6d0b0cb807d2d17d31469053bbb8.jpg03367ef3e762f1d38be7cb02a3f6fbf0.jpg

• Like 3

Mines 20x9 20 mm offset 33/12.50r20 almost flush with the body. No rub what so ever I think -1 will be out a little a05bfd3e557ad5942f49406aeed754f1.jpgb4ac6d0b0cb807d2d17d31469053bbb8.jpg03367ef3e762f1d38be7cb02a3f6fbf0.jpg

I found my quote; ET20 so itll sit the same as yours

• Like 1

20x9 -1 offset i believe its suppose to sit how stock is from inside

I'm not sure what "supposed to sit how stock is from inside" means. It definitely won't be the same stance as stock wheels of any configuration. I don't know what your stock wheels are, but from a 20" SLT wheel (+27mm offset), a -1 will move your tire out a full inch. And if you're going for a large tire size, it may cause your tire to rub on the actually fender/wheel well edge where you have to trim metal, as opposed to just having to zip tie the liner.

I'm pretty confused here, too. Not sure what oversteer has to do with rubbing on UCAs or the sway bar. Who is giving you this info? If you are considering buying tires from them, I would go somewhere else.

You won't have issues rubbing with 305's if you go with the -1 offset. If you have SLT stock wheels and have a +27 offset (or similar), there's a high chance you'll rub with aluminum (or stamped steel) UCAs and 305 width. There are a lot of "OMG I'm rubbing with 305's on a 2.5" level - HELP" threads because it seems the cast steel UCAs have a bit more clearance than the stamped/Alum ones and the different UCAs aren't a common spec listed when people post their setup and claim no rubbing.

So... you want it all with no compromise? Gotcha [emoji6]

I would go with BFG K02s in your situation. I was basically had many of the same desires, but didn't care as much about the road noise so I went with the STT Pros. There are a lot of fans of different AT's and MT's here, but I place a good bit of important on winter performance without going to a straight snow tire. The K02's and the STT Pros stood out in my research, and I liked the look of the STT Pros despite the minor hum at higher speeds. Plus I have used the BFG's before and wanted to give the STT Pros a try.

• Like 1

I found my quote; ET20 so itll sit the same as yours

You should be fine with 305's with that offset. It will be close but the extra 1/4" clearance compared to stock wheels should help.

• Like 1

You should be fine with 305's with that offset. It will be close but the extra 1/4" clearance compared to stock wheels should help.

Been seeing alot of good things about the K02 around on here. Theres just so many tires I dont have money to drop on a new set every month to try them all out in every scenario :smash:

I posted some of this in "what did you do" yesterday, but figured I need to throw it in here with a few more pictures so it's in the right place.

Visited Discount Tire today in Santa Fe and they took pretty good care of me. I'm incredibly happy with how this turned out.

285/65r18 Cooper Discoverer STT Pros

Mayhem Warrior 18x9 +18

King 2.5's @ 3"

Cognito ball joint UCAs

3" readylift blocks in the back w/ rear kings

4b6c936546259690c4b956b60a7109ea.jpg

20da33e99c35af649ec079674b160be0.jpg

f746b84ea3b3ee3aef9c084f1b010c2b.jpg

e3350502d1ab4bd829632bec694e01df.jpg

fd731341b1772bb4e02712b1cd0018fc.jpg

I did test fit one of the STT Pro 295/70r18's that I had previously tried, but with these new +18 wheels instead of the +0 wheels I had tried before. They would have required trimming metal still - not on the fender edge but maybe an inch or so to the inside on the rear of the front wheel well. Definitely more trimming required than just the liner. I may try to measure that 295 that I still have before I return it as a comparison to the other tires measured on here. It won't be on the vehicle but it's still mounted to the rim. Unfortunately I don't have pictures of the test mounting because my phone was dead [emoji1361]

These STT Pros definitely have a bit of a hum to them at 80mph, which I expected despite the "super quiet for MT style" claims. Nothing I won't drown out with the radio though (or maybe an exhaust mod in the future... [emoji39]). They are my first MT or at least hybrid MT, although I've had Duratracs and BFG ATs (non KO2) before.

They rubbed a bit on the rear side of the front liners on the way home - enough that if I let it go it would bend the liner up. One drilled hole and a zip tie per side and they've got plenty of clearance now.

Passenger side - you can sort of see where the liner caught and started to bend up on the inside lower corner. Second pic is the driver's side for comparison.

4a5fe61f013d10f520bd959c3bafe9a6.jpg

4282c54a796737106fbaf67c560c8612.jpg

• Like 2

So maybe someone can answer this because I'm stumped. I've been looking at wheel on gmc's and silverado's in 20x9 +1 and 20x 10 -12 here and on the custom offset gallery. The tire I'm getting is a 285/55/20 toyo open country at2. So in 2 separate browsers I plug in the the 9 and the other the 10 with it stipulated a 285/55/20 tire. Obviously the 10 -12 should stick out further. I can see 3 diff trucks with the 20x10-12 with that size tire and all 3 have a different amount they stick out. Same with the 20x9 +1. Some 20x10-12 look perfect then some others look too far out. Anyone notice this...seems to be no conformity

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Edited by Jeff5347

You're going to need to post links or something. What are you using to "plug in the 9", etc. Are these trucks online, in person, on a configuration mock-up page?

Lifts, spacers, etc can all affect width.

• Like 2