Kicker Soundgate Upgrade

Ok guys I picked the system up this morning at 8 am. Got to my shop at 9 am. Unboxed checked out all the wiring and parts, looked for what tools i needed and had it completely installed by 10:45am. Let me start off by saying "HOLY $h*#!!" I'm definitely not disappointed. This isnt your bazooka tube sub or your infinity basslink. This is for real. For a single shallow 10" it pounds! The DSP did a tremendous job in upgrading the soundstage, its wider fuller and brighter. Kicker didn't scoop all of the lows out of the door speakers so you still have some great midbass punch. Its fantastic! I couldn't be happier. The DSP/4 channel amplifier was easy to install and did not need to be relocated due to my adjustable pedals. (i was worried about this) I get a lot more volume / clarity / punchy bass. If I was going to be picky about anything i would say The power wires are a total beeotch to get through the rubber grommet they have you go through. you need a good flexible metal fish to help you through and then know they're coming out behind the cover panel that you mount the new amplifier up against. Get ready its a PITA. Also once i got the system on i could hear the sub amplifier rattling, so i unscrewed the amp flipped it over put some 3M double sided tape on the bottom and screwed it back down. zero rattle. That is the ONLY two things i can even nitpicky complain about.

Pros: 3 year warranty from kicker, Tight punchy bass, Wider sound stage, Much better clarity, and much more volume. easy install.

Cons: tricky power wire passthrough, small sub amp rattle(very easy fix)

I give this install a 8/10 for a stereo upgrade. Not exactly sure how you can do much better. Id put this up against the average aftermarket stereo guys have installed.

Very interesting.. Did it come with instructions? Sounds like a very simple install. Can you also explain your comment about the adjustable pedals?

Absolutely! The average guy will want the instructions. but once you get going its pretty self explanatory. It was a very simple install. I wouldn't recommend a 16 year old busting knuckles but if you're a weekend warrior this project is truly for you! Also if you want your dealership to install it they wouldn't need much shop time.

The comment about the adjustable pedals: In the previous body style truck you had to take the bracket off of the amplifier and relocate the amp to the knee plate under the steering wheel. was a much bigger pain in the ass. But with the new design this is not necessary. Bolts in perfectly.