Kicker Soundgate Upgrade

This setup hugely affects the mids and highs. its a 200W rms 4 channel amplifier and a 200w rms mono amplifier with a digital sound processor. Its tremendous. I used to listen to my non-bose at about 3/4 volume and now 1/2 is LOUD and clean and punchy. when you switch to the hiphop station you really hear the sub do work. its perfect for every genre of music that i've found. I also have my tone settings all set to the middle (FLAT) for the most part. I used to have highs all the way up and lows all the way up on the non-bose basic. But the way the DSP was designed flat settings are ideal as far as not boosting any signal but I like a little more highs than most so i tap it up one or two to the right.

Its now an available upgrade as of yesterday on chevy.com when you build and price. if you don't select bose you can select the 200/400 Kicker upgrade. if you do the 200 upgrade you're only getting the sub. Both options are available as manufacturer added options! :-) Our dealership will be ordering alot less bose and alot more kicker i promise. especially for 659 if done when the vehicle is built.

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone know if this works in the 2015 2500HDs as well? I see on the accessory web page that they list the sub only kit for them and it is the same part number as for the 1500s, but not the sub and door speaker amp kit.

• 2 weeks later...

Order and received mine last night. Opened it to find they sent me the sub and not the sub/amp combo. Had to mail it back and hopefully will get the right one over-nighted tomorrow. I'll let y'all know how it sounds.