onstar fuse location help

I promise the guy in that video wouldn't ever use a smartphone...or any hard core crook. Burner phone only.. new one every week.

I meant in general. Don't think any of us here are crime bosses. :lol:

Never saw the show but damn the opening is familiar. Before I moved I'd make several trips a year to customers in Jersey.

Terminate it with a 50 ohm, 3 watt or so resistor from the center conductor of the connector on the OnStar module to the chassis of the module.

This will STOP any signal from being radiated out to the cell towers. Your truck will just think it's in an area with no cell coverage.

...and they said OnStar couldn't be disabled... :D

thanks appreciate the info, going to buy the tinfoil hat too as somebody sent me a message too buy !lmao to each there own !!

Terminate it with a 50 ohm, 3 watt or so resistor from the center conductor of the connector on the OnStar module to the chassis of the module.

This will STOP any signal from being radiated out to the cell towers. Your truck will just think it's in an area with no cell coverage.

...and they said OnStar couldn't be disabled... :D

• 1 year later...

I think the idea that only crooks care to disable is totally wrong.

Personal Privacy is a important and should not be taken lightly.

I would like to disable the OnStar on a 2015 Silverado 1500. I haven't found any information on this.

I would hope GM should provide an easy switch to disable this easily as they cannot force everyone to use OnStar and even offer the unit by default on all vehicles. It should be an option.

Even cancelling the service does not stop the unit from sending the data ton OnStar.

There are few videos on youtube to disable it, but all for previous models and cars.

Appreciate if anyone has any pointers on the new late models on this.

I can't find the service manuals also, as they have not been released and available to public yet.

Cheers

OnStar data can be sold to insurance companies that may affect your rates. Nowadays companies are using personal data for all sorts of purpose without the user's knowlede. This is a gross violation of privacy.

we are also seeing more instances of the LEO using OnStar to disable vehicles, active service or not. The LEO can make a request and or force OnStar to disable a vehicle if they so choose to do so.

Archived