hey all... new forum member, frankly new GM Owner now that I think of it-- my only GM was a '86 Sunbird I had briefly waiting my arrival from college in summers... not my favorite vehicle, through my history.

Since... I've had a Cougar (my second Cougar overall, and I loved both) a '99 Ranger, a 2000 Dakota (which I also loved and babied...but it still didn't make 100K miles) and most recently a 2009 Tacoma (which I hated with a passion. From week 1.) I was looking at Silverados & Sierras when I bought the POS Taco... but I couldn't put it together. However, I often said "that's going to be my next truck."

New proud (but poor!) owner of a 2014 Silverado. (Silver, thus the nomer.) LT, 4x4 Double Cab, All Star Edition. (I'm sure one of you guys will tell me what order I should say those things in-- fire away!) I love this thing... despite the recalls and insecurity of whatever Chevy thinks it's (not) doing correctly right now.

Thanks for having decent forums; I hope to steal a whole bunch of info from you guys! One thing I can ask here: anyone sucessfully add GPS Nav with Traffic into their screen, if it's not already there? The turn by turn's ok in a pinch, and if I decide to renew past 6 mos... but come on, in 2014, I really I shouldn't have to speak to anyone-- whether they're in Omaha or Bombay-- to simply get directions & traffic details. Anyone able to plug a TomTom or (pick your model) via USB or Aux? Anything? Anyone order the GM nav and get it soldered into their wiring?

I looked into the Sat and my car Audio guy told me Alpine has just created a plug & play compatible with this truck for a ridiculous amount of money. Truth is, I'm not dissatisfied with the overall system. Just wish it had nav with mapping & traffic.

Thanks for any & all.

SS

Archived