Emblems and decals

Just curious: my truck has the chrome Z71 4x4 emblems on the front fenders, as well as the same decals on the back of the bed. The decals are shown on the window sticker as a $100.00 option. I think having both call-outs is a bit much, and am considering removing the stickers from the bed.

I see pics on this forum of bedside decals that say just Z71, and some trucks that are Z71 and have no fender emblem.

What is the option that gets the fender emblems? I thought that the Z71 option package had reverted back to being a 4wd option only (as it should be , IMHO), but maybe not.

Thanks in advance.

20140525_103640_zpsrcgt6whl.jpg

20140525_103655_zpsw2jucebp.jpg

Frank in Austin

Frank

my recollection of what Rich (a moderator and GM tech) explained about Z71 packages over the years was that they have included special shocks, skid plates, special suspension bumpers, and other things I can't recall right now. I believe he also said that it changed as years passed. My first recollection is that it was only a 1500 model option. Years later I saw it as a 2500 option as well.

The ones on the rear panel are optional @ $100 like you said, the ones on the front fender are standard on the Z71 4x4 for sure. There is also a Z71 4x2 for 2014 as well, but I haven't seen one on the road or in a lot yet. I noticed you also have the Texas Edition badge on the door. Yours is the first I have seen with the 4x4 added to the Z71 on the rear panel, the ones I have seen just had the Z71, even though they were also 4x4's. Some have debadged the Z71 4x4 front fender badges, but they are standard. Non Z71's have a 4x4 badge on the front fender, except for the All Terrain, and Denali IIRC.

It appears to me that the rear fender emblem is something your dealer added just to squeeze another $100 out of the buyer. Honestly, I think it's a bit too much when added with the fender emblem. Keep one or the other, but not both. Personally, I'd leave the rear fender emblem since you have a Texas Edition badge on the door. Or remove the Texas Edition badge and the rear fender emblem and leave the front fender one. As it is right now with all 3 badges, it looks tacky and cluttered.

1 call out is enough. Personally I would remove the fender and keep the bedside. However.. in your case the dealer installed the bedside decal wrong... it's about 1.5in too far forward. The 4x4 should not be overlapping the fender on the passenger side decal. The decal instructions state the exact measurements... most dealers get it wrong of course. Big deal? probably not for 95% ..

I deleted my z71/4x4 badges from the fenders (they looked too clustered IMO)and replaced them with blacked out 6.2L badges from emblempros. I also blacked out the z71 fender badge and stuck it on the left side if the tailgate. After all that i added z71 bed stickers to break up the rear section of the bed. Pics are in my build thread.

Pretty happy with the look as if right now but I'm always adding and deleting badges & stickers ha

However.. in your case the dealer installed the bedside decal wrong... it's about 1.5in too far forward. The 4x4 should not be overlapping the fender on the passenger side decal. The decal instructions state the exact measurements... most dealers get it wrong of course. Big deal? probably not for 95% ..

I didn't notice that before, but you're right and it looks bad. I say remove the bedside decals, leave the fender Z71 badge and remove the Texas Edition badge.

I noticed the beside decal bending over the fender crease too. Shoddy work. It's shown on my window sticker, so the dealer deliberately added it when they ordered it, as opposed to a dealer add on like undercoating, etc., solely a dealer add, used to be.

I had a 2013 Texas Edition too, and it had both the Sierra and Texas Edition door badges, and I think that, actually, looked better than my door now. I have noticed that the Texas Edition Silverados around here keep both emblems.

2013GMC_zpsd695dfc7.jpg

"austingta" - "I had a 2013 Texas Edition too, and it had both the Sierra and Texas Edition door badges, and I think that, actually, looked better than my door now. I have noticed that the Texas Edition Silverados around here keep both emblems. "

New Build Texas Edition Silverados are now coming in with only Texas Edition instead of both emblems. Saw some new 'updated' models at Henna Chevy a few weeks ago amd read a TSB about it. Mine was built 8/13 and has both.

• 1 year later...

Archived