help with header choice

So i have just ordered a Corsa exhaust for my truck, but I am wanting to get long tube headers. I would like to see if anybody has run this exhaust with American racing headers. I am looking at the catted header cause i don't want a CEL. I buddy of mine at work was showing me that pacesetter is coming out with long tube headers and y-pipes. so what do you guys think about this? post-130995-0-52871100-1401475630_thumb.jpg

post-130995-0-52871100-1401475630_thumb.jpg

well if you DD your truck I would get the ARH ones as they are better quality headers. if kooks makes some for the k2 trucks I would also look into those as they are great quality as well. pacesetters are more a budget header and will get the job done but will cost you in the long run (I know someone will see this and claim that they had pacesetters and they lasted them 15 years with no problems). but they cannot argue that pacesetters flow better than ARH or kooks. kooks and ARH will last you a lot longer compared to pacesetters. when it comes to headers you get what you pay for IMO. just my .02

• 2 weeks later...

Installing headers will void your warranty. Or so I'm told. I would have done this already if it didn't. I have the Corsa exhaust and love it btw

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I run the Corsa Sport with American Racing LT's on my 2010 5.3L and Corsa Touring with Dynatech LT's on my 2009 6.2L.

Installing headers will definitely not void your warranty. I've run LT's on my last 3 trucks, my Z06 and my GT500 and the dealerships have NEVER blinked an eye and I've openly discussed it with their guys in the service department. Heck, on my 2009 Silverado, I had to have the torque converter replaced under warranty, and the service tech merely commented that they had to remove the cats and part of the piping to get it out, but that they torqued everything back up otherwise. As well, none of these were professionally installed. I did them all myself in the warehouse at my office. It took a few days, but I never hit a point where I realized that I was in over my head.

Where you will void your warranty is if you do a computer tune to maximize the gains, but you can easily run headers without any ECU tuning. You will pop an occasional CEL as the O2 sensor efficiency will be out of the programmed range, but a quick code reader can clear this.

Definitely make sure to get some good quality stainless headers. I'm extremely impressed with the finish of the AR headers and would recommend them to anyone.

The below video is how the Corsa Sport/LT combination sounds on my 5.3L Regular Cab

Man, that sounds nice. I bet my 6.2 would sound even better with the same setup. My dealership told me the same thing about installing headers on my 2014. As long as I didn't tune it I would be fine.

Sent from my SM-T520 using Tapatalk

• 1 year later...

I run the Corsa Sport with American Racing LT's on my 2010 5.3L and Corsa Touring with Dynatech LT's on my 2009 6.2L.

Installing headers will definitely not void your warranty. I've run LT's on my last 3 trucks, my Z06 and my GT500 and the dealerships have NEVER blinked an eye and I've openly discussed it with their guys in the service department. Heck, on my 2009 Silverado, I had to have the torque converter replaced under warranty, and the service tech merely commented that they had to remove the cats and part of the piping to get it out, but that they torqued everything back up otherwise. As well, none of these were professionally installed. I did them all myself in the warehouse at my office. It took a few days, but I never hit a point where I realized that I was in over my head.

Where you will void your warranty is if you do a computer tune to maximize the gains, but you can easily run headers without any ECU tuning. You will pop an occasional CEL as the O2 sensor efficiency will be out of the programmed range, but a quick code reader can clear this.

Definitely make sure to get some good quality stainless headers. I'm extremely impressed with the finish of the AR headers and would recommend them to anyone.

The below video is how the Corsa Sport/LT combination sounds on my 5.3L Regular Cab

how was the in cab sound while cruising? Looking to do headers on my 15 but undecided on exhaust or running it to factory exhaust to prevent the loud obnoxious cab drone while cruising.

ARH, Kooks in that order, skip on pace-setter. Do not go cheap on headers

Notes, SS headers are thin compared to cast iron manifolds. You will hear valve events & pings of exhaust (it will sound like a leak) even while cruising.

CEL may not come on at first with catted Y, but over time it will cause a CEL for sure.

As of today I will skip on headers and save for a blower.

Currently on my fourth set of ARH. They are top of the line. Fit and finish has been flawless with no leaks or rattles and high resale value when you pull them to trade vehicles. If you have a question or concern, ARH has great customer service after the sale. Like Rob said, to get the full benefit, you will need a tune. You will also have a CEL after the install which in annoying.

Currently running ARH with cats/Corsa Sport, sounds INSANE wide open throttle, but it also just as insanely loud. Ran no offroad pipes before and had to change to cats due to being to loud for daily driving. I'm happy overall, but did had some problems. The ARH had exhaust leaks due to bad flanges, it would slip no matter what, had to tighten it five times till I got real tired and decided to weld the flange to prevent it from slipping. Also has a raspy sound that is annoying, but nothing will beat the sound when WOT or accelerating.

Archived