4L60e transmission model cross reference

I have a 2002 chevy silverado 1500 4X4 Z71 with the 5.3L V8. The original trans. went out and was replaced with a used 4L60e. Now the transmission wont engage any gear. after researching ive come to the conclusion its the wrong model 4L60e. My truck has the automatic 4WD button in it which if im not mistaken changes the electrical part of the trans because it uses speed sensors. correct?
The transmission that replaced the original one is a (9LUD). It should actually be a (2KCD) correct? Or if you could tell me what transmissions (4L60e) models i can interchange with. Does the Z71 designate it as having the Automatic 4WD?

• Like 1

Thank you for the response. Let me give you a little more background info relating to the situation. The original transmission went out about 6 weeks ago. A replacement transmission was purchased from a auto salvage yard. It had supposedly came out of a 2003 Suburban 2500. Now this is where the problem begins. The model number of the replacement 4L60e trans is 9LUD. The trans that came out of my truck was a 2KCD. My truck has the Auto4WD button as well as push buttons for 2LO,4HI and 4LO. From what ive been able to conclude is that the replacement transmission 9LUD is not designed for the trucks with thw Auto 4WD option.

The problem im having with this transmission is that it wont engage any of the gears. I was not aware of the different 4L60e transmissions prior to installing it, unfortunately. Now i think ive educated myself a little about them but would like a second opinion from someone more knowledgeable on this than i am.

Am i correct in thinking that the 9LUD is not a compatible replacement for the2KCD that came in the truck originally?

Also another thing that before i installed it wasnt aware of but was told by the salvage yard that i got it from that they supplied me with the wrong torque converter. But i know this is now not true. The torque converter they gave me was the matched one for the 9LUD but the bolt pattern to mount it on the flex plate in my truck wasnt even close plus the TC in my truck is much larger.

So i hope you can decipher from this what i am trying to figure out. I have dropped the trans out again and i am scheduled to return it to salvage yard on Monday 6/2/14 for an exchange but want to be sure i know what to look for as far as id numbers etc on trans to be sure its correct this time.

Thank you very much for you time and suggestions.

• Like 1

Check out this site. Their chart says that transmission is a 99 model year. Maybe that trans wan't the original for the suburban. Or they are jerking you around. What was wrong with your trans? Just remember if you buy junk you own junk.

http://mmerlinn.com/catalog/lilscribbs77/gm_9l6/gm9l6010.htm

9LUD 99

4x4
Bell = 24206579, No dust cover
Case = 24207965, NSS threads
Valve body = 4209354
Cheese plate = PC
5 Solenoids, 8134
Pump body = 24201073, PWM
Stator support = 24204705
Input tip

2KCD 02

4x4
Bell = 24206952, No dust cover
Case = 24207965, NSS threads
Valve body = 4216995
Cheese plate = ITC
5 Solenoids, 8134
Pump body = 24201073, PWM
Stator support =
No input tip

• Like 1

I'd get my money back and never buy a used transmission again , if you're keeping the truck , get a rebuilt transmission or have your old one estimated

IMO you're wasting your time

X2

Yes i agree with both of you 100%. I know i refered to it as my truck but in reality its a good friend of mines truck and she was led to believe that the trans mission was purchased as being rebuil etc. by the person who took out the original trans and put thie piece of junk in. Now im just trying to straighten out the whole thing and get her what she needs to get her truck back on the road because in the mean time shes using mine. So you can see why im desperate to find the right info.

Also unfortunately the salvage yard wont refund money just exchange only. But thats another whole story in itself.

Thank You very much for your time and for sharing that info.

IMO if i were her would take the loss and considerate a learning experience. Then break out the piggy bank and get a rebuilt one and have it installed professionally. Although i think i am capable of the job i dont need the headaches resulting from it....LOL

Thanks again.

• 2 years later...

So you can't just use any 4l60e they have to have the same features?

You can use any 1/2 ton 4L60e Trans the transfer case makes no difference.

Years that fit 99-06-07 classic truck

2000 NBS - 2006 full size Suv

Sounds like the OP got a bad used transmission.

• 1 year later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...