4L60e transmission model cross reference

4 hours ago, Jake Vaughan said:

I have a 01 gmc siarra what years are inter changeable it's 2wd

99-02 are for sure interchangeable (I think including 98). '03+ can work, but the pump and valvebody are different, and because of that are controlled differently. You can swap them, depending if your parts are still good.

Yes you can, as long as it's 2wd like you mentioned yours is. You can use a 4wd, but you have to swap the extension housing and the output shaft (which for the shaft involves gutting the entire transmission to do so).

Edited by carkhz316

• 5 months later...
On 11/6/2017 at 9:12 PM, Yellow Jacket 1972 said:

my 2005 Envoy motor seized. the transmission is barely 1 year old. My friend has a 97 Bravada with a newly rebuilt motor and no transmission....will my  transmission interchange?

The envoy/trailblazers use a 4l65e trans . About the same as a 4l60e only the internals are diffrent. Also the 97 blazer trans will have a bellhousing and torque converter for a 4.3 vortec v6 and will not work with a 4.2 vortec L6.  Think the 2005 trans also has a diffrent input shaft compared to the 97 trans.  

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 1 month later...

I have a friend that has lost his transmission in his 04 Silverado (4l60e), I know a guy who has a 2007 Chevrolet suburban truck that was in a wreck yet it still has a good transmission. So will this trans work in this 04 Silverado? Picture is od code from the 07 4l60e transmission

received_882783292083568.jpeg

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Whatever became of the OP?  His thread got hijacked by so many people that it should have been shut down.  That is likely something the OP needs to complain to admin about before they will shut it down.

Did he get the girl or not? 

• 2 weeks later...

I have a Chevy Silverado 1500 four-wheel drive 2003 it has a 4L60E  transmission and people are telling me that that year right there does not interchange with anything else is this right and if so what's the barcode number on it cuz when I bought the truck and had two transmissions and they're both different so I'm not for sure which one to have rebuilt to put back in

Edited by Tony jack