SERVOCAM's 2013 Suburban 1500 LT 4x4 with Luxury Package

user_000000

2013 Chevy Suburban 1500 LT 4x4 with Luxury Package

Engine: 5.3L Vortec V8 Flexfuel, VVT, OHV. Rated 320 hp @ 5400rpm; 335 lb-ft @ 4000rpm

Transmission: 6-spd AT

Differential: 3.08 ratio

Wheels: Vision Wheels Warrior 17" x 8.5" w. Goodyear Wrangler HP, P265/70R17

Electronics: Rosen Pirahna Series for GM with Touchscreen Nav/CD/DVD/SAT... with Back-up Camera

I drive a Suburban because I have 5 kids and didn't want to drive the Minivan anymore :D

To-Do List:

• Cold Air Intake
  • Programmer
  • Cat-back exhaust (dual behind the tire)
  • ?? Chrome Gas Door
  • ?? Side Window Weather Deflectors
  • ?? Change out the gold Chevy emblems for chrome
  • ?? Chrome Mirror Covers
  • ?? Different Tail Lights
  • Buy new boat to tow behind it

This is what it looked like out of the box:

2013-Chevrolet-Suburban-1500-Factory1_zp

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wheels: The dealer has this available to put on it. WARRIOR Gloss Black with Machined Face and Lip Wheels by Vision with Goodyear Wrangler HP.

IMG_6333_zps13f10590.jpg

IMG_6326_zpsc2bb1ce8.jpg

Door Handles: I also had Chrome door handles put on. The "All Black" look was getting me the comments like "Oh, you bought the FBI version." "You have the Government Edition."
IMG_6327_zps1755d910.jpg
DW wanted the factory look Nav but wanted the back-up camera in the big screen. I had the Rosen Prianha Series put in. It retains all the factory controls.
Before:
radio_zpsd02bbf67.png
After:
IMG_6331_zpsd2067b23-1.jpg
Grill:
Grill_zps2da4372a.png
And because I have 2 kids that still require car seats, I have the 60/40 bench in the 2nd row. Two seats on the 60 side still allow the other seat to fold & flip so the others can get in back.
IMG_6339_zps4643eb71.jpg

5 kids huh, couldn't figure out what caused it huh. Just kidding, looks sharp nothing wrong with a suburban.

Had to go get the Active Fuel Management system disabled.

View of the Piranha Nav system turned on.

IMG_6347_zps31bcbe99.jpg

MPG when the AC is off and my wife is driving ~70mph. I'll see if I can bump that up a few with CAI and Tune. Getting combined avg around 17.4 MPG right now.

IMG_6349_zps62bdc283.jpg

View of the Piranha Nav system turned on.

IMG_6347_zps31bcbe99.jpg

MPG when the AC is off and my wife is driving ~70mph. I'll see if I can bump that up a few with CAI and Tune. Getting combined avg around 17.4 MPG right now.

IMG_6349_zps62bdc283.jpg

Nice how was the install of this?

Ryan

Holy crap at your fuel economy. WTF? I've honestly never seen a suburban average that high.

My wife's Tahoe is only averaging 15 mpg. :tear: Looks almost just like yours but it's the 4.8L V8.

Now keep in mind, that was reset once I filled up the tank, got back on the interstate, made 3 ramps to change interstates, then few city to destination. So that was mostly all highway, 76 degrees out, low humidity, and AC was not running. Just wait until it is 90+ degrees and the AC is on. Our '05 GMC Envoy was very picky about weather and speed. Keep it under 60mph and cool not so humid days and it did good. It was 5.3L w/ 3:73 gears. Right now, this tank is reading ~17.0mpg avg of combined hwy/city, running on 87 octane. It won't avg this for long... but yeah, still good to see it up that high!

Well, had my brother, http://www.cnc-motorsports.com order me some parts today.

Cold Air Intake:

K&N 63-3070 Cold Air Intake - http://www.knfilters.com/search/product.aspx?prod=63-3070

Programmer:

Hypertech 32501 Max Energy Programmer - http://www.hypertech-inc.com/products-max-energy.aspx (yeah, I know, it isn't Black Bear...). Had a great conversation with Jim at Hypertech as I had a few question. We shall see how well this works.

So if there are any MPG improvements, it will take what, 1-2 years to pay back for these??? Then again, I'll also be paying $0.25 more per gallon. Goodies are more for my 14yo daughter and I to go tinker....need to buy a hot rod again I guess.

I feel you on the goodies for your daughter, mine is 16 and just bought her a Mitsubishi eclipse I told her if she didn't behave it would become my mid-life crisis car while she walked. Lol. Keep us posted on the ups and downs of the mods.

I'm looking at exhaust systems. Something that has a bit more rumble, but not too much inside. The Flowmaster Force II cat-back kit sounds promising. Looks like you gain a few HP. Anyone else have this kit? Thoughts?

Flowmaster Exhaust System 817548: http://www.flowmastermufflers.com/?page_id=443&keywords=817548

DynoChart: http://www.flowmastermufflers.com/dynopdf/817548_Dyno.pdf

Video:

Right now I have stock single-side exit. The Sport look does look nice, but think I would do dual-side exit (behind tire). The video did dual-split rear exit.

Archived