Best Fuel Tank MPG and Range to Date

Ok, Speedway 87 gas on a crew cab with 4 x 4, tonneau and 3.42 Traveling the Ohio turnpike and Rt 80 in PA with the cruise set at 69. A few down hill moments but pretty balanced with with up hill. The trip average on a little over 400 miles was 22.4. And after this pic my best made it to 29.8 which I'm sure was a little skewed.

post-129112-140391982523_thumb.jpg

• 3 years later...
  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

582 miles is my longest tank. 31.8 mpg is my best tank. 18 gallons is my average fill. I keep it above 1/4 tank for the most part. Obviously I went a bit over 18 gallons on my longest haul. I'm pretty comfortable with a 500 mile range. Plenty of reserve for pump cooling and emergencies.

Hmm i dont see anywhere close to these numbers. High teens average

2014 crew cab 5.3L stock with airaid intake tube. Just got the intake cleaning service done as well. 97k miles.

Maybe my tires are crappy/not aligned?

Granted I've only had my 2015 DC Z71 for 1400 miles and 5 weeks, and I don't drive much on the highway because I don't travel much. But I don't have any idea how you get over 20 mpg. I just did a 220 mile round trip with 85-90% highway and I only got 19.3 on the tank at that point of checking.

Hmm i dont see anywhere close to these numbers. High teens average

2014 crew cab 5.3L stock with airaid intake tube. Just got the intake cleaning service done as well. 97k miles.

Maybe my tires are crappy/not aligned?

There’s a ton of things that makeup exceptional mileage starting with ones right foot but/and yes, alignment is a great place to start looking. As far as tires I’m running factory Bridgestone DUELER H/T D684 II 255-70R17 and run them at 32 psig. Yes that is a bit soft. Oversized or all terrain tires are killer on gas. Ya like what ya like though, right?

My alignment numbers are:

Left front camber -0.1. Right -0.2.

Toe +0.04.

Left front caster +2.2. Right +2.0

Factory toe was negative by over a degree with 3.5 degrees of castor and a degree plus negative camber and more left that right. Thrust angle was like minus 1.5 degrees. In other words. Messed up silly. Dog tracking and crown hunting. Dealer said it was ‘in spec’. I said not my spec. Took it to a better and private shop.

A bit more positive camber and caster on the driver’s side helps with crown hunting.

(Remember, when you’re running negative camber less negative is more positive). These numbers are my starters. My front right tire still runs 4 to 5 degrees warmer than the rest.

Anyway the alignment was good for 1.6 mpg alone.

Archived