magnaflow? corsa? borla? etc...

I had a 5% show up. 916 out the door. I'm leaning Corsa sport. I like the Borla Atak but the Corsa seems to have a better sound. I'd love a side by side in person. Hope your build goes smooth this weekend. I'll be waiting for your video and review before I pull the trigger.

Ill make sure I post the video in here and in the other exhaust threads.

• Replies 42
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I know I get treated like a red headed step child when I say this but try muffler delete first. You mite like it, if not go from there. With all the cats, and such the muffler isn't doing much work. So with a cat back your removing the resonator and then adding back a muffler. Sooo leave the resonator delete the muffler as I said you mite like it. Nothing wrong with saving money for something else.

From what I've seen and heard its nowhere near the sound I want. I dont want to wake the neighbors 5 blocks away but a nice rumble at idle and when I pass someone, they know. :D

I just posted this on the exhaust forum, I am trying to figure out this all as well.

Think I am going with either the Corsa 14866 (kinda like the black tips with the iridium metallic color? agree?) or the Borla 140577 ATAK. Has anyone actually heard the ATAK over the S-Type? Is the ATAK going to be as loud as lets say the flowmaster american thunder. If so I dont think I am going to go that redneck since it is a Denali. Ive read all the thread here, but not so much info with the 6.2L atak system or even the s-type. Thanks!

With the muffler delete, do most exhaust shops willing to do this? Is is just removing the muffler and welding in a piece of pipe to fill the void?

I think I'm going Corsa sport. I love the ATAK sound but I think its going to be too loud for my needs. I dont want my neighbors pissed at me all the time. lol. They love when I fire up my straight piped bike.

Got my exhaust installed last night. got to antsy. I was able to get out the stock exhaust in one piece. No Cutting required!

I got my comparison videos recorded, but I gotta splice them together later today after work.

The Corsa Sport system sounds great. not bad in V4 mode either.

Got my exhaust installed last night. got to antsy. I was able to get out the stock exhaust in one piece. No Cutting required!

I got my comparison videos recorded, but I gotta splice them together later today after work.

The Corsa Sport system sounds great. not bad in V4 mode either.

Nice!! It's not stupid loud unless you want it to be? You take pics of the whole process? I looked the instruction PDF and watched a couple youttube vidoes and it seems pretty simple.

From what I've seen and heard its nowhere near the sound I want. I dont want to wake the neighbors 5 blocks away but a nice rumble at idle and when I pass someone, they know. :D

Ill try one more time, I have a 92 Chevy 383 whipple headers 3 inch duals,two high flo cats, two magaflows, and 24 inch glass packs, you hear it. My 14 GMC muffler delete is quite till you get on it. Some people aren't happy unless they spend money I understand that. I was prepared to do it myself, I put the flo on it was quiet as stock. I couldn't see the point of pulling the resonator to add a performance muffler when all I had to do was leave off the muffler. After all the stock it flos enough anyway, I just wanted some sound but not too much. If I want more I just hoop in the old 92. The only way to gain HP on these 14s is to add headers, that may gain you 15hp at that. In the exhaust that is.

Nice!! It's not stupid loud unless you want it to be? You take pics of the whole process? I looked the instruction PDF and watched a couple youttube vidoes and it seems pretty simple.

Its honestly not that hard. I'm sorry i didn't take pictures during because I was trying to beat a thunder storm, plus my hands were really greasy and dirty. And it was hot as a MF. But really its not hard.

Took me about 1.5 hours to install. Mostly by myself and some help from my dad. The stock system really isn't difficult to remove. Just unbolt the spherical clamp right behind the cat under the cab of the truck. then work your way back with the grommets. I sprayed a little WD40 in the holes to help them slide out a little better. You can use a screw driver to help pry them open to get the spray nozzle in there.They will fight you the whole way if you don't lube them up. once the whole stock exhaust is loose, start sliding it out the back of the truck. Helps to have another person to hold the other end while you are under the truck guiding it out over the axle. At one point it will seem like it is wedged and wont go any further. Just rotate the entire assembly about 180 degrees. and it will then find the clearance it needs.

Keep special mind of the brake lines on the top of the axle while sliding the stock exhaust out.

Before I did anything I jacked the truck up using the frame rails right before they start to curve up for the rear suspension. Only needed to jack the truck up on the passenger side enough to get the rear right wheel off the ground about an inch. I secured the truck with a jack stand and the hydraulic jack together. Then I lowered the spare tire out of the way.

Getting the new system in was not bad either. It's basically in 4 parts. The flange pipe that connects up by the cat, using the stock Spherical clamp. The hangers are already welded to the system and will slide right into the stock spots. Then the muffler. Then the tail section of pipe. Then the tip.

I differed from the directions. They want you to put front section of pipe on first then the muffler on next, but that's kinda hard, because the muffler itself doesn't have a hanger. So I actually attached the front pipe and the muffler together before I put them on under the truck. Then hung the tail section of the piping so that I could get the front section/muffler assembly in and then slide the pipes all together. It helps if you have a could of extra hands, but the way I did it, You will need at least one other person to help. Make sure you put the clamps on the pipes BEFORE you stare sliding them together.

After you have everything seated nice and good you can start tightening the clamps. So the front clamp is an OEM spherical clamp. And it is attached to the OEM exhaust using some kind of little metal clip. You'll see. Just use a small screw driver to get it off. Then I just bent the clip back and forth until it snapped off so it was not in the way. That clamp needs to be tightened to 21 ft/lbs. It's not very much. My Torque wrench only goes as low as 25. so I actually did it to 25 ft/lbs. The rest of the clamps supplied with the system need 45 ft/lbs. And they are a pain in the ass. Because if you do it right you want the nut of the clamp facing up towards the truck. It doesn't give you very much room to crank back and forth on a 3' long torque wrench. But....it's possible.

After you have everything attached. Lower the truck back down, raise the spare tire back into position. Grab a cold beer. And start that puppy up.

I should have my comparison of stock vs. Corsa sport later today after work. But it's not that loud unless you really get into the skinny pedal.

I went the Borla sport route yesterday and could not be happier. I don't think I would be pleased if it were any louder. I'm glad I didn't choose the ATAK version. Took about an hour to complete including installing one new hanger on the passenger side.

imagejpg1_zpsa58c65a9.jpg

imagejpg3_zps5615a841.jpg

imagejpg2_zpse1c2b1dd.jpg

imagejpg1_zpsa3099541.jpg

imagejpg3_zps08087343.jpg

Can't wait to hear it Fondupot.....I am leaning Corsa myself at the moment. My only hesitation is how it sounds in V4 mode and cruising down the highway I want ZERO drone.

Can't wait to hear it Fondupot.....I am leaning Corsa myself at the moment. My only hesitation is how it sounds in V4 mode and cruising down the highway I want ZERO drone.

Sounded like Corsa customer service has nixed the drone possibility from what ive read, sounds non exsistent.

i Took it up to about 65 today on a road on my way to work.....didnt get any drone.

Archived