2 Problems on my 4.3 Silverado that are driving me insane

I've had my Silverado 4.3 Extended Cab V6 for about a month now, and I will say she turns heads. I think she looks good. I understand there are going to be issues with a used truck. I've getting a shit load of shit from my Ford friends, ( former Ford fan myself ) today for the current issues I have.

I replaced my battery with a much better Durlast Gold DLG-78 with more amps. My postive cable bolt was stripped so the battery kept getting a really bad connection. So I killed 2 batteries today. I put a new bolt on, this new bolt had a amp spacer to. It got real loose! and died in the car wash ... So I grabed some rubber washers to help tighten things up.....When ever I did that it took about 1 drive home for the truck to stop acting up...? Why did it take that drive home to act right? was the truck just getting over the postive cable popping off or what? haven't had issues since.

Second Issue, my day time headlights are always on... It's been kinda cloudy here in Texas but not a lot. Also, some of the interior lights come on, some times they don't. Fuse issue?

I love my truck y'all, shit it's just the slightest things drive me crazy.

If this is on your 2002, your headlight problem will be from your ambient light sensor being bad. It's in the center of the dash near the windshield. Sometimes the sensor comes loose and drops below the dash. Also make sure you have nothing covering the sensor or blocking light to it. Dash cover, etc.... Some have been able to change it out by removing the radio. It's a very tight fit and you need to be careful of damaging other wiring connections at times. Removing the dash panel takes only about 10 minutes anyway

This may help some. The best thread on replacing the ALS has no pictures linked anymore

http://www.truckmodcentral.com/forums/28639-post7.html

Archived