New Member: Question for all of you veterans

Hello all, I'm a new member to this forum and just want to say, this is my favorite GM forum I have found so far. I Own a 2000 GMC Sonoma dropped to the earth.(waiting to put the LT1 in it.), I own a 2000 Chevy silverado that I'm trying to sell. And as of Friday I am a proud owner of a White 2011 Chevy Silverado 1500 5.3L ltz. I want to do a few things to it. You know, something to make it my own. My questions is What are some great upgrades / necessities that I should do to my truck. From what I can tell I may go with a air rade intake tube, White out the badge, Is it worth getting a programmer? Any does or don'ts? Any information would be great. Anything to point me in the right direction. Thanks all. Sent this from a blackberry please excuse any Grammer and spelling errors.

Awesome, Thank agian everyone. From all i have read the Airraid MIT is the most bang for the buck for sure, So consider it done. i have not had the time to do a proper search on the topic yet. but from reading through a couple threads i have noticed that this blackbear tune is what everyone is raving about. The only thing i am a little curious about is if i go with the blackbear i will get the most out of my engine. but with the programers atleast the old ones you used to be able to set them to maximize your mpg. (Getting that most out of my engine with the blackbear- may be maximizing my mpg at the same time? i dont know) So an clear question for those you that are fans of the blackbear tune. Is it Adjustable? I Will repost my tune questions in the proper thread. THANK agian

MPG is not the most important thing, But when i had programmable tuner i enjoyed fooling with it and seeing what i could get out of it for those long work trips where i'm not Towing anything.

Archived