I can not spin my tires. Makes me mad

Gm trucks have too much bs in them. I have a 5.3, k&n, blackbear tune and 3.73's. I was able to brake stand it when wet but not anymore... Idk why. I never have been able to spin them, even when wet i cant spin them. Get a line loc, blackbear, k&n and you'll have no problem [emoji16]

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Gm trucks have too much bs in them. I have a 5.3, k&n, blackbear tune and 3.73's. I was able to brake stand it when wet but not anymore... Idk why. I never have been able to spin them, even when wet i cant spin them. Get a line loc, blackbear, k&n and you'll have no problem [emoji16]

I have k&n cold air intake. what's line lock? And be or dynno?

I have k&n cold air intake. what's line lock? And be or dynno?

A line loc is connected to your brakes. It drives normal but if u hold the switch and hit the brakes it unlocks the back brakes so the rear brakes arnt fighting you while burning out. Then release the button to lock the brakes. And get a BB tune. They take out all abuse mode and that shit like brake torque management. Yes gm trucks have a table called "brake torque management" so u cant brake torque

A line loc is connected to your brakes. It drives normal but if u hold the switch and hit the brakes it unlocks the back brakes so the rear brakes arnt fighting you while burning out. Then release the button to lock the brakes. And get a BB tune. They take out all abuse mode and that shit like brake torque management. Yes gm trucks have a table called "brake torque management" so u cant brake torque

I feel like line locus cheating. The problem is I should have more than enough power to spin but doesn't.

265 on 17", 5.3L, 6-speed, 3.42 gear, no tune

I can break the rear tires loose any time on any pavement.

But I doubt he will spin the tires in 4hi or low. I wouldn't even try. Feel sorry for my truck.

so long

j-ten-ner

Edit: "any time" means day or night. Not at any speed though...lol.

265 on 17", 5.3L, 6-speed, 3.42 gear, no tune

I can break the rear tires loose any time on any pavement.

But I doubt he will spin the tires in 4hi or low. I wouldn't even try. Feel sorry for my truck.

so long

j-ten-ner

Edit: "any time" means day or night. Not at any speed though...lol.

I never once said anything abt spinning in 4hi. I said it wouldn't even turn my tires in 4hi when I was stuck. I cant even spin in 2h I on pavement.

Remove the TB spacer, get a real tune, custom, not canned, and then hit up a dyno. Not just for numbers sake but to see if all your work is making a numbers difference. Might have some internal issues.

Remove the TV spacer, get a real tune, custom, not canned, and then hit up a dyno. Not just for numbers sake but to see if all your work is making a numbers difference. Might have some internal issues.

If I gotta do all that just to spin my tires I mine as we'll sell the truck for 13 or 14 use some extra cash and get a lbz. That way I have power and fun

If you couldn't even move the wheels in 4HI when stuck then you have some serious lack of power issues. And those massive heavy wheels aren't helping any.

You need to get a REAL tune from someone who knows what they are doing, not diablo. Talk to Black bear.

You spend all that time and money shaving your heads thereby messing with your compression ratio, you have a different cam and springs, a generic tuner for stock trucks isn't going to cut it.

Tyler, how did you select your new cam? Did you just ask someone and use the same one they did? Did you change hg thickness up or down when you milled the heads? I have lots of questions about the motor build before I will comment on being able to spin the tires which most of the time is a waste of time and effort. (for me anyway) If you are not hooked and booking your losing. :jester:

Vehicle Modifications: 35in tires 4:10s milled heads 10 thou from the bottom stiffer valve springs mild cam duration 266/270 lift .520/.524 best torque curve I could find. throttle body spacer k&n filter cold air intake long tube headers.

What is the flash speed of the converter

I believe it's 2500rpm it goes up to that holds it for a quick second goes a little faster to 3000rpm then it feels like I get full power of the truck after that. And then rises quicker to like 5000rpm+

It's a OEM converter I.believe. A remanufactured one from a place in pontiac.

Archived