• Replies 40
  • Created
  • Last Reply

No pic or description. Doesn't even say what brand of blower. :S

I'm guessing they're just now getting their website setup for this and it isn't quite ready for release.

They're a site sponsor over on PT.net and if this was ready to rock 'n roll, there would be all kinds of noise over there about it.

Keeping my fingers crossed, looking to get blown in about 8 months. :D

http://m.performancetrucks.net/forums/showthread.php?t=505827

So that link is from a build by New Era Performance on a 2012 4wd RCSB Silverado. 10s. Actually I don't know what is best time was but he dynoed over 600 to the wheels.

Whipple, injectors fule system upgrades, cam (DOD delete) other bolt ons. IIRC, it was still stock converter and stock exhaust past the y-pipe.

Should be alot easier with the GenV.

Great build thread to read.

He was asking if he would get there doing bolt ons and still NA. It might be possible to get into the 10s on the stock engine with a supercharger but it won't be easy. You will be replacing everything else at that point so why not replace the engine as well?

If you look at their internal part number it contains w175ff which is the new 2.9 Whipple blower. Their other blower kits seam to have the blower listed in the internal part numbers in a similar fashion

I'm guessing they're just now getting their website setup for this and it isn't quite ready for release.

They're a site sponsor over on PT.net and if this was ready to rock 'n roll, there would be all kinds of noise over there about it.

Keeping my fingers crossed, looking to get blown in about 8 months. :D

It is ready to go. 2.9l Whipple. They had problems with there website designer. Let them go and also in the process of moving to San Antonio.

• 1 month later...

I'm surprised that more people haven't looked into adding a meth injection kit yet. With the right tune you could prob pick-up an easy 25-30whp on the same boost levels on a s/c set-up.....and keep the back side of the valves clean.

I've actually considered installing one with a small jet just to prevent carbon build-up on the backside of the valves. The stock map on the 5.3L running 87 octane is pretty aggressive and pulls a descent amount of timing. Adding a meth injection kit and a small jet might gain some HP without tuning.

Like everyone has said, running that low will not be cheap, remember....

You can only pick two....Fast/Cheap/Reliable. And in this case, you can't really get out cheap and think it's not going cost you in the end.

My truck is a 2014 CC DENALI. 6.2 liter Supercharged with headers went from 310 RWHP to 450 RWHP. Stock 1/4 mile was 14.7 @ 97 mph and after mods was 13.15 @ 103 mph. A little more tuning will get into the 12s. Currently it is the ONLY 2014 with mods to hit the track. I'm not sure what it would take to get into the10s.

You could probably pickup about 100whp with a low-boost (<10psi) rear-mount turbo setup. Sort of laggy compared to one mounted in the engine bay, but relatively inexpensive. Air to Air IC, rear mount, tuning and some fabrication will run you about 4500-6000. Should put you in the 12s high 11s. If you want more power, it gets riskier....you could probably push the internals to 15psi for long-term no one knows what they can take at the moment. It's a high compression engine. It's going to see some wear and tear low or higher boost. You determine how long you want it to last. I ran 12lbs on my last car for 100k miles before I started noticing some issues which made me concerned a catastrohic failure was imminent. So I sold the car after I removed the s/c components.

I can give you a long term window on a S/C install with a whipple on a 92 Chevy truck. Im the third owner, the second owner was a friend of the first. They both had the truck ten years each. I bought it about three years ago. No one used the truck as their main daily driver. The truck has everything on it to bring out the power, headers MSD etc. It has pillar pod that shows boosts and lean rich burn and under the dash minder for timing, RPM, and boost. Its never been to the track to get a time, but it can hold its own against the performance cars of today. The first rebuild cam at 80k miles with the second owner, started to smoke. He stroked it sent the whipple in for service. He put dart heads on it to add more HP. The stock trans went out at 100k miles. When I got it the truck tires were ten year old that look new. The truck runs at ten lbs of boost, shifts at 4500. That should give a good average at what to expect the life of a truck would be boosted with reasonable care.

Archived