Newbie Intro *waves*

Gillis

Greetings!

I was searching the web for automotive knowledge and stumbled upon your forum and really liked what I saw and i'm sure am not the only one with somewhat selfish intentions of leaching wisdom of others ;) I'd like to think the golden rule applies with such things ya know?

A little about me, I'm 24 I currently drive a 98 Monte LS, work as a manager in retail and I'm about to be a father :D hence the vehicle homework.

I ran across this forum by attempting to find information in regards to mechanical defects with 2003-2006 GMC Sierra's, the model & packages don't really matter i haven't made my decision on 4x4 or 2wd lol.

I know plenty of people share their horrible experiences with others about overheating,breakdowns etc but in a way that is wisdom, and if i could get some help finding a list of known defects or even a few links or words it'd mean the world to me.

For what its worth, pretty much every GM 3100 90 degree V6 has an "intentional flaw" that never got corrected which is plastic LIM gaskets, That was one of my horrible experiences, who knows maybe someone you know has a 3100 and that horrible experience could be useful wisdom. :)

Guess that's enough ranting, though.
I just didn't want to pop up on any post without being polite and introducing myself.

~Gillis

Archived