Cooled seats question...

This may be a dumb question, but here goes... I don't think the seat bottom is cooling in my truck. Driver or passenger side. Should it?

Thanks

My understanding of the way it works is this... Each seat has a fan that pulls cabin air through the perforations in the seat rather than blowing air from the bottom. I can feel the air more on my back because that's where the moisture is.

It's probably working, but you just can't feel it as much on the bottom of the seat as you can on the back.

EDIT.... Please see link below in Post #4.

for those of us that are clicking challanged.

They're by every definition of the term cooled. They use a device called a thermo-peltier, it works by heat transfer, one side gets extremely hot 240+ the other really cold 0F. Here's a picture of one (TEC). To heat or cool, the seat climate control module simply reverses the polarity. They also push air into the seat cushion, not pull.

yDsc_0175.jpgbig_Cooling_TEC.jpg

Here's a picture of a typical oem blower and TEC assembly. There's 2 exhaust ports, one goes to the seat cushion the other goes to the vents you see in the back of your seat.$(KGrHqYOKiYE8u9!-DuEBPRWDDjf8w~~60_57.J

That's one way to clean all the farts out of the seat cushions!

super-fart.giffarting_smiley.giffart-smiley.gifjumping-fart-smiley-emoticon.gif

Now that's funny! :lol:

• 2 weeks later...

ive reported this issue to the gm executive office. it blows hot air from the back of the seats into the rear passengers face. a major design flaw.

LOL! Are you sitting on the floor in the back? It's knee high at best. I'm sure the executives at GM will be all over your request!

LOL! Are you sitting on the floor in the back? It's knee high at best. I'm sure the executives at GM will be all over your request!

Haha... yeah, to me it's a non-issue. My 8 & 10 year old grandkids sit in the back seat all the time, with the seat coolers going full blast. They tell me to turn the A/C fan down because they are cold! :lol:

i dont know what to say but it is a terrible flaw. to me if you spend this kind of money on a truck it shouldnt have dumb issues like this. GM is working with me on this. they are being responsive. i dont know how yours does but mine blow a consistenly high volume of hot air. ive had 4 people that have rode in the back tell me they feel heat when A/C is wide open.

I've owned a '07 and '11 with cooled seats, and now I have a '14. No question the older units worked well, and the '14 doesn't work as good. Don't know why.

Same with the headlights though, the older Sierra's lights were great, the '14 headlights are dangerously horrible.

Other than those two things, the '14 is heads above the older version.

Archived