Will or why did you install a suspension lift on your truck?

Will or why did you install a lift on your truck?  

53 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

We all see many trucks here in the forum with lift kits, some moderate, some extreme. This poll is solely to gauge members as to their intended purpose of installing suspension lifts on their trucks.

Well I cant see the pol on tapatalk, but I added my 3in body lift to make it feel more like a truck, every other 1/2 ton that passed me was taller

Your poll has redundant choices. Bubbles 3,4, and 5 appear to be the same thing...for looks.

Your poll asks what the intended use is in most questions and then bubble #4 seems to just be to count front leveling installations regardless of intended use/why the front was leveled. I leveled my truck so it would have more front end clearance when off-road. What bubble was I supposed to check? #1 or #4?

I also lowered my trucks which were 2wd. In New England it's always nice to have 4wd. When I bought my 2012 I decided to lift it. I went all out and spent good money on a quality kit. It rode amazing but parking it was a b!tch. It was all for looks. I ended up selling it to my father and picked up a 2014 reg cab. This time I don't want to modify the suspension. All I did was level the rear by installing a 2" drop shackle. It's practical. 4wd. Easy to access the bed and use. I do get tempted to go crazy with it.

• 2 months later...

To go off road. I'm tired of dinging up my air dam and in fact I think I might have to replace it soon. It isn't perfectly flush anymore. I had the guys at the dealership take it out and hammer it back as straight as they could and put it back in the last time I did my oil change there and then I dinged it up a few days after they fixed it. The ground clearance is poor in my opinion and I'm going to get a Rough Country 2.5" Suspension Lift Kit soon. Looks very easy to install and a few members here have already put it in and I've only heard positive things from them.

Archived