What did you do to your "other" car (aka musclecar) today

RyanbabZ71

18 hours ago, RyanbabZ71 said:

What am I looking for? Basically because people are clueless

8c91d41522605a63a0fd828ac5c4c1a1.jpg

Ryan B.

Right in the middle the first sentence after finish care.

Basically don't wax/seal your car. :lol:

And I already need a piece of Xpel replaced. Someone moron decided they needed to squeeze into a small area and slammed their car door into my mirror(I parked way out too). They actually would have had plenty of room if they could park worth a crap. It was at a busy zoo and it was just park anywhere day. I parked near a power pole and with the anchor around my car I figured no one else with sense would try to fit in there(well I guess I was right in the wrong way)

...had to peel the xpel back, wet sand and put down some touch up clear and compound and polish a dime size spot+. It's almost perfectly smooth but "I know" it's there. It's on the end point of the mirror. So you can't tell unless you look right at it, and once the xpel is on I think it will be invisible. But I KNOW. 

The xpel wasn't penetrated, but they hit it with enough force it scuffed the clear through the marred the film. Imagine getting a rock, sitting it on the film, then attempting to key with it. Without the film it probably would have gone down to the housing. 

Edited by SnakeEyeSS

I can only get 91 in Oklahoma. So I found this review, it was referenced on another site. The numbers don't make sense.

http://web.archive.org/web/20100214083430/http://volvospeed.com:80/Reviews/octane_boosters_lucas.html

Reviewer says;

100:1 ratio takes 93 octane to 96.6

Then says one bottle(which is 15oz) is enough to take 10 gallons of 93 to 96.6. 

I guess he meant to say "at least"? Because 15 oz in 1280 oz is not 100:1. I was just trying to figure how much I needed to get 19 gallons from 91 to 93.)

Anyway, to take 19 gallons from 91 to 93 it sounds like a 15 oz bottle will about do it. 1.28 ounces per gallon to raise 3.6 octane according to the test, so 24.32 oz to make 19 gallons 94.6~, if I use half that it will be 92.8 gallons from 12.16 oz., a whole bottle is 15. So I should be good with a bottle. Only need 13.3 oz to raise 19 gallons two numbers. I think 

Edited by SnakeEyeSS

When I picked the car up from inspection they told me the mirror film replacement was on the house. 

Nice(although it did come with a fingerprint under it :lol:. I'm sure my other cars have them but yellow it's so easy to see )

I'm NOT complaining though, they did good and seemed a lot more honest than another shop so I'll be using them in the future.

Looks good.

How is your top bumper corner seam? That's the xpel cut, so I guess it's better than custom fit(you can find reports that the custom ones, once removed, generally have clear coat cut lines, even from really high end shops,  some guys say NO one is good enough to avoid cutting the paint with every cut, the film just hides it), but I wish xpel had put the seam somewhere else.

Was at a car show-ish thing a few days ago. Parked near it and ended up being in it. Car had a few fans:

zLTALVF.jpg

Then went to the mall so my kids could visit build a bear. I saw someone drive by very slowly when I was walking in, got paranoid, so I walked back out a few minutes later, and there were some kids around it taking pictures.

SQAjnys.jpg

Put the Lucas booster in so it can have it's recommended drink of choice.

Like the Diode sidemarkers. Reverse lights are pretty bright. 

wFhURZp.jpg

Thinking about getting SS blackout overlays. Or the 50th SS emblem, but I think they are the grey color. 

Edited by SnakeEyeSS

Sold my "other car" last week.  It was a 2008 BMW 328 with a 6 speed manual. I miss it, but at almost 110K miles on it (and all the things that go bad after 100K miles) it was time to let it go.

I don't think I'll get another "other car" and will commit more time to riding the motorcycles this year.

I'm contemplating selling mine. I don't ride much these days - so many idiots on the roads in MA, especially in and around the cities. Thinking of buying a paramotor this year, if funds allow. Aviation has been luring me away from the street lately, thanks  to Youtube.

I'll probably hold on to the RD, though.  Thing is a blast to ride, I love it's political incorrectness. :D

5aba7d6a4da62_RDrunning!.jpg.fdffb16fe1917065d13569aac2654822.jpg

5aba7d96a0297_RD35014(2).thumb.JPG.28348ef1855d51cbb09fde156c98e2a6.JPG

Edited by Jsdirt
  • Like 1

Cadillac moves under her own power :D Just have to get her up here to start getting rid of bad parts, that and get a parts car. Nice to hear her turn over with no issues. 

Considering buying my dad's DTS, but I can't afford 2 project cars and go back to school. Even if that means one of my doofus siblings tears it up. :shakehead:

I go to the store I haven't been to in a while looking for those Camaros. I end up finding a Hot Wheels red 67 "custom Firebird" with the 69 Trans Am wing, roll cage, modern seats. :lol: I saw it and started thinking that looks familiar.

Edited by SnakeEyeSS