What did you do to your "other" car (aka musclecar) today

RyanbabZ71

Finished the oil change. One place had VR1 20w-50, but not in synthetic. Put in 1.75 quarts, reading a little over full so should be good when the lines fill back up. So, have in 7.75 quarts so far. Check again next time I drive it.

Just need to remember to order the Valvoline VR1 synthetic or Royal Purple XPS next time since no one carries it in stock.

Found an 8 or 9 year old bottle of Redline Heavy Shockproof! Leftover from my 69 Camaro, I had used it to oil my paper shredder. Now it finally gets used for its true purpose.

So the Firebird is the first vehicle I have owned with the Ford 9" rear.

I'm a little shocked how low the drain and fill plug is. Its about 1/3 of the way up from the bottom. GMs are usually 2/3rd up, and my BMW had a drain on bottom and fill plug on top, you filled that thing 7/8th full of gear oil.

Just looks at my cowl/trim tag for the first time(doesn't really matter since I have a copy of the build sheet) I saw the paint code is O. That's means its a Custom Production order. Looked up the paint available and sure enough, the shade of gold it was wasn't available on the Firebird normally.

Edited by SnakeEyes
  • Like 1

Saw it on autoblog, looks like an updated 5th in camo, GM is playing it conservative again like the trucks. I won't complain, the 5th still look great, but this will be the first generational change for the Camaro that it hasn't had a major visual overhaul

Links like it might even keep the blind spot

Edited by SnakeEyes

Why should they have a 6th gen already? It's still the best performer.

Old GM = good enough until its in last place, then start development of the next substandard model

New GM= stay in first place, .

The Kool Aid drinkers that would have bought a 95 Buick Century brand new won't ever understand. :lol:

Edited by SnakeEyes

I'll let another firebird stat out today.

The Ford 9" has 4.56 gears

The Tahoe's 14 MPG doesn't seem so bad anymore.

If you watch jay lenos garage at all, there is a guy from the tonight show band that brought in his 442 and jay asked him what he got for mileage and he said oh between 5 and 6 mpg, lol.

Edit: brain fart, I'm not driving a small block anymore. Needed MORE priming.

Aarrrgggh. Decided it wants to be flooded. Don't get it, just checked the carb a few days ago and seemed fine

Edited by SnakeEyes