What did you do to your "other" car (aka musclecar) today

RyanbabZ71

Got the performance front strut assemblies installed in my buddy's '11 ( I've been calling it a '10, but found it was an '11 ) Camaro yesterday. Didn't get any pics of them - I was still drunk from the night before :throwup: and got little sleep, LOL. Got pics of everything else though.

MAN is that car LOW! Barely fit my boot toe under that front spoiler, and had a very difficult time with the jack, due to the ZL-1 rocker panel covers he put on there. They end up right where you need to put the jack - can't jack from the front because the nose is a mile long!

The new struts lowered it even more. Forget the name, but they're the company that makes shocks for Rousch Racing, and a bunch of other companies. Might be BBK or something like that. Real nice setup. Gonna be sweet when he gets it all aligned. The rear is way out of whack from the new stainless stabilizer bars we put on the rear diff. last year (along with the fully adjustable rear shocks), and now the front camber is out of whack from the new struts, so no 130 MPH hell-ride videos today. :D

downsize_zpse4xk96bb.jpg

downsize_zpsjprbvtet.jpg

downsize_zpsjqlmwct4.jpg

fullsizeoutput_8a8_zpsvbdke23i.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_8a9_zpssokfg94f.jpeg

fullsizeoutput_8aa_zpsn89ubend.jpeg

Earlier in the week I threw a set of Country Squire rear Moog springs (5/8" wire diameter vs. 9/16") in our '86 Grand Marquis. Was riding high in the front - hated that. Now she's riding high in the ass, but not bad enough to look stupid, IMO. Much better than it was, any way you slice it. Now my wife can load the trunk to her heart's content without getting high-beamed at night by every single passing car. :lol:

Quite the difference with one new, and one old still in the driver's side - can see it leaning in the 1st pic with the diff on jackstands:

fullsizeoutput_8a6_zps4iw3fq3b.jpeg

IMG_7177_zpszt8rzgjc.jpg

IMG_7178_zpsfszp3oow.jpg

IMG_7175_zpslsra0ilh.jpg

IMG_7180_zpsglhy1urh.jpg

Getting too old for this shit. Need a lift here BAD ...

Edited by Jsdirt
  • Like 1

Don't know - I'll have to ask him. I'll let you know what he says.

Said he spent so much on the car he can't afford to hit any of those shows. :lol:

Doesn't have time anyway with his job. He usually hits the car show at Bass Pro out in Berlin, MA.

This looks awful for 1300 miles. Look left of driver's side vent, looks like someone tried to clean with bleach. And that's 2000 miles of dirt on the floor mats. And the door panel splotches.

https://tulsa.craigslist.org/cto/6124064452.html

Wonder if it's a flood car. Not sure if it's a scam, that appears to be a Cherokee Nation plate, usually the fake posts don't show

plates.

Edited by SnakeEyes

• 2 weeks later...

So I take the Mazda in for service, and decide to check out the 2017 new features.

Thought bubble while I'm looking it over in showroom:

Two 2.1a USB port in back. Cool. Rear seat AC vents. Fantastic. Oh, it has Sound insulated glass now windshield and front windows, didn't realize.

The rear seats now recline. Cool......wait how.....hmm, download the manual for it.....That lever on top of the seat behind where your shoulder is....THATS where they put the recline lever? Well, that's stupid, but let's try it.....wait, no this can't be right.....no, that's it"

Front position, To back position the top of the seat moves wait for it

ONE INCH.

Oh and it's got a little red button to pop up to tell you the seat isn't secure. I guess in case you only push it 3/4 of an inch. :lol:

Edited by SnakeEyes

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

I didn't realize the 10 speed in the Camaro was made by Ford. Just read about it. And Ford will use the GM 9 speed FWD trans in return. GM was bragging about how it's better than the PDK, lol.

The Camaro's 10 speed does have different tuning and upgraded internals compared to the 10 speed in the F150. It's a lot stronger. The 10 speed is quicker than the 6 speed manual too, 12.3 vs. 12.5 in the 1/4 mile. I've been looking into getting a 2SS lately, but decided to go with another old car. The classics (1987 and older) don't need emissions testing and can be modified, in Ontarible it's getting harder and harder to hot rod a new car thanks to Orville Redenbacher, and his liberals.

• Like 2

We've got the same problem down here in MA.

I've spent alot of my life trying to figure out how the state where freedom began has done a complete 180° swing since 1776, and become the polar opposite of what it once was. Instead of fighting for freedom, we have people begging to be enslaved ... and electing those who are happy to oblige. :sick:

I would never own a modern muscle car living here. Way too much b/s with emissions - I'd have to leave everything stock, which goes against every fiber of my being. My buddy with the '10 Camaro SS has the deep pockets necessary to get around that - I don't.

Edited by Jsdirt