What did you do to your "other" car (aka musclecar) today

RyanbabZ71

I would LOVE to be living in TX, rather than this bastion. Love my neighborhood ... but the state government? Well, my mom always said if you ain't got nuthin' nice to say ....

You and me both, Ryan. Turns out I can't afford ANY generation Camaro ... :D

Ahh, that sucks - sorry to hear that. My buddy's daughter is in a national soccer league, so I know how that goes. She just won the last game, so they're flying out your way (I think) sometime soon, for the finals.

Edited by Jsdirt

Sold the Coronet a few days ago. Been looking at a few other classics, a 71 Chevelle, 65 Satellite, 53 Ford Mainline, 29 Model A boattail (custom), 71 GMC, and a 70's Duster. I'm really liking the Duster, it's the best bang for buck, and just a fun car.

I sold the Coronet as I'm too busy to do a restoration on the car and it needed $30-40k just to be a $25k car. So I'm buying something that's done.

That's the best way to buy 'em - let someone else take the depreciation hit.

Model A sure would be nice, but I'd want something to beat on ... and that ain't the car to do it in. :)

I'd like the Chevelle better if it were an El Camino. :D

As far as my car goes, had to order new door lock solenoids for the Grand Marquis - the less than 4 year old Dorman ones are already junk. Par for the course. Found a pair of OE ones on eBay. Grabbed a package of door panel retaining clips, and a couple more door strikers for the rear doors - nothing makes me cringe more than a door slamming on the striker constantly, over the shitty roads we have up here ...

Edited by Jsdirt

I've had most of the desired rides and the stress that comes along with it. The last one was a 65 elcamino, came out ahead on that one. Went the less stressful way the next time a 92 modified Chevy truck. I couldn't add any more performance or fun stuff on it that I whould want. Got it on eBay for 7500$ five years ago. The guy I bought it from ( second owner friend of the original owner) said he had 40K in it over the ten years he had it. I've had five years with just matiness in it. There out there you just have look.

That's the best way to buy 'em - let someone else take the depreciation hit.

Model A sure would be nice, but I'd want something to beat on ... and that ain't the car to do it in. :)

I'd like the Chevelle better if it were an El Camino. :D

As far as my car goes, had to order new door lock solenoids for the Grand Marquis - the less than 4 year old Dorman ones are already junk. Par for the course. Found a pair of OE ones on eBay. Grabbed a package of door panel retaining clips, and a couple more door strikers for the rear doors - nothing makes me cringe more than a door slamming on the striker constantly, over the shitty roads we have up here ...

I liked the Modal A to be honest. It's a custom traditional rod with a 239 flathead and a T5 transmission, but it had one vidal flaw... I couldn't get into it, lol. I couldn't get my 6'4" 228lbs waist between the door frame and steering wheel to even sit in it. The guy that owned it, built it for himself, all 5'6" 140lbs of him.

I have wanted to build a Modal A Tudor traditional rod for a while, so I have been looking for a completely stock Modal A too. But, I'm really hung up on the Duster with a 360, so I'm going to look at it again. Funny thing I keep ending up with Mopar's and I'm not even a mopar guy, guess I'm turning into one though (just the old stuff though)...

Edited by Daly
  • Like 1

In that case I'd fit right in that thing perfectly, LOL. Sounds like a great setup too - right up my alley. Got too many irons in the fire right now, unfortunately.

I've grown to love anything built before '87 lately. These days I think I'd be happy with an AMC Pacer! Although, the thought of doing a valve cover gasket on that straight 6 that was shoehorned into that thing .... on second thought ... Too much glass to clean, too. :lol:

That's a nice one there - nice work! Good find!