Foglights On With High Beams

no need to actually remove anything on the harness, but it does help to unplug the actual connector to make it easier to work with. Once you have it in a spot you can see better, all you have to do is jump the two wires with the diode.

Also on that note

12 diodes left....

What kind of fog lights are you running? I think I'll change out the bulbs in my fogs.

Just a heads up i replaced my fog bulbs with LEDs, the static in the radio when lights were on is crazy. i had my truck in the dealer for the radio issue and they removed my LEDs and put in factory bulbs. static went away (but the reception issue is still there) . Dealer said the problem was solved. Sent an email service manager 2 days later telling him the reception issue is still present.

Guys-

Been ready all of these replys, and was thinking about the following.

What about instead of running 2 diodes, (one to high beam, one to low beam), instead you run one to the parking lights. That away when those turn on the fog lights would then turn on. Thus not needing the 2nd diode, or having to turn them on ever again. Let me know if I am off base as I will be trying to complete this mod this weekend.

• Like 1

Guys-

Been ready all of these replys, and was thinking about the following.

What about instead of running 2 diodes, (one to high beam, one to low beam), instead you run one to the parking lights. That away when those turn on the fog lights would then turn on. Thus not needing the 2nd diode, or having to turn them on ever again. Let me know if I am off base as I will be trying to complete this mod this weekend.

The original mod in this thread has one diode from the high beam signal (-) to the fog light signal (-). Not two diodes. But, clearly, you can do all kinds of circuits with the concept as long as you understand the OEM logic and you ensure you're hooking like signals (not positive to negative, etc.). Just read the schematics.

OK, well did the modification tonight. Instead of going to the High Beam, I went and ran my Diode into the 22 slot, which is the parking light signal. I tried the lights and everything functioned perfect. Lights on with Low Beams, High Beams, and when switched to parking lights they stayed on as well. All I can say is best 0.50 cent mod ever!!!!

• Like 6

OK, well did the modification tonight. Instead of going to the High Beam, I went and ran my Diode into the 22 slot, which is the parking light signal. I tried the lights and everything functioned perfect. Lights on with Low Beams, High Beams, and when switched to parking lights they stayed on as well. All I can say is best 0.50 cent mod ever!!!!

That's great. My particular goal was to use the fog circuit to tie in my LED wide beam driving lights and be able to use them with high or low beam. I cannot have them on anytime the low beam is on since they are too bright for oncoming traffic. I got that done and ended up with the fog circuit being lit anytime the high beams are on and the fog circuit shuts off when dimming the high beams. Very slick when an oncoming car pops over a rise in road and you need to dim all the lights.

Out of curiosity. I wonder what would happen if the left front and right from drl supplied vtage pins were removed from the connector? Would someone lose the pwm signal going to there drls? In my cAse the lowbeam lights?

Wait so by doing the jump to slot 22 the fogs come on automatically with your low beams? And stays on with high beams as well?

Thanks guys. Once I get the diodes from Dave, I'm going to do this mod.

I think I'm going with suggestion #2 though. I'm going to jump from #10 (fog lamps) to #22 (parking lamps). I want my fog lights on anytime my parking lights are on. Perfect.

Thanks for the info guys.

• Like 2

Wait so by doing the jump to slot 22 the fogs come on automatically with your low beams? And stays on with high beams as well?

yes that is correct. i just did this mod right now. and the fogs do turn on with the parking lamps, and stay lit with the low beams and high beams aswell.

• Like 3

on a side note. i went outside to go verify the wires for pin 7 on X4 and X5 connectors and strangely enough i found out that they do no exist. now this is on a 2014 silverado, maybe the wires would exist on a GMC being that they have a dedicated DRL module? any GMC guys care to confirm this for me?

• Like 1