Foglights On With High Beams

Just backtracking a bit, but if you use my original pin locations for the diode jumper, you can tap the fog circuit to a relay to switch on and off light bars, driving lights, or other off road lights, without having to pull wire thru the firewall or add switches. Easy peasy

Edited by spurshot
  • Like 2

I'm not going to lie, I read through about 10 pages and am thoroughly confused. Electronics and diodes and stuff aren't really my thing. How the hell do I do this and what diode are people using? Being that it's getting to be deer season (saw 6 on my way home from coaching football tonight) I'm going to need to get this done ASAP. Thanks guys.

Edited by FootballCoach53
  • Like 1

I'm it going to lie, I read through about 10 pages and am thoroughly confused. Electronics and diodes and stuff aren't really my thing. How the hell do I do this and what diode are people using? Being that it's getting to be deer season (saw 6 on my way home from coaching football tonight) I'm going to need to get this done ASAP. Thanks guys.

check post #606 i did it a different way than most

requires minimal wiring.. but now my fogs are DRLs

Wiring a switch in series with the diode would allow one the ability to reverse and enable this mod on command. That's my plan for tomorrow on my newly purchased '15.

Edit: Decided to get this done tonight. Had the usual trouble getting the pin of the diode in the connector. So, I changed it up a bit, using two stick pins with ball heads. These slide right in without trouble at all, making removal and reinstallation a breeze. At the other end of the wire is a simple switch so I can turn this mod on and off as needed.

attachicon.giflight mod.jpg

My post from Dec '15 may help.....

Anyone in Atlanta, GA area that can help me install? I've already broke 5 diodes trying this. Yall make it sound easier than what it really is.

I used the smallest jeweler's screwdriver to manipulate the post on in the hole away from one corner, so I could push the diode in.

• 2 weeks later...