Foglights On With High Beams

7 hours ago, FootballCoach53 said:

Apparently I suck at this.  Fog lights didn't come on unless switched on and turned off with brights. I also need a new diode. I bent the hell out of mine pushing it in.

Welcome to the party. I still  haven't been able to install mine yet. Gave up. How many extra diodes do you have?

8 hours ago, eddieconfetti3 said:

Welcome to the party. I still  haven't been able to install mine yet. Gave up. How many extra diodes do you have?

A big fat zero. I thought I was getting multiple from Amazon but they sent one. Heading to the hardware store tomorrow to see if they have one.

Show off... [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

I’ll be trying it again this week.

On the fog light mod I pulled the plug out to make it a bit easier to push diode in. First corner bent the diode a bit. I straightened it back out then tried next corner and it went in smooth. Then I tested a the corners on the high beam wire. Once I figured out which corners were good it went in no problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

On 10/20/2017 at 9:04 AM, FootballCoach53 said:

A big fat zero. I thought I was getting multiple from Amazon but they sent one. Heading to the hardware store tomorrow to see if they have one.

I did the same thing. On Amazon there are like 20 people selling packs of multiples and I order the single 1 for the same price from one seller. He was laughing his ass off I bet when he got my money. Either way paid the same for the pack of 50 or more 

Edited by bdsilverado

On 9/15/2017 at 7:22 AM, Ravenkeeper said:

I took one of my smaller phillips jewelers screwdrivers to make a path for the diodes, or even one of the small common-tip jewelers to help manipulate the diode's way into place.

gallery_151133_4743_59148.jpg

My diode mods, from picture above. 1N4004 diode mods (strip toward second pin/wire):

GRY1 to GRY8 - Puddle lights on with all interior lights

BRN26 to PNK26 - Cargo lights on with Reverse (reverse the diode for R lights on with Cargo)

BRN18 to BRN22 - Fogs on with High Beams (Silverado's Lows stay on with Highs)

There are others for Park/Low on all the time, Fogs on with Lows, Fogs always on, etc. Believe the entire list is in "$50 and under modifications" thread, could also be in this thread somewhere.

On 10/21/2017 at 7:59 PM, FootballCoach53 said:

Yeah. I’ll have to do that. I thought I had the diode in. I’m trying to get my fogs on at all times. I just need to double check which slots I’m putting it into...................... on the plug.

Had to find a recent list. I did mine by putting the stripe end in first, and a fine tip jewelers screwdriver before the diode, to make a easier path for the lead. BRN18 to BRN22 (stripe end). Push the lead we’ll into each pin, at least 1/4”. 

Edited by Ravenkeeper

20 minutes ago, Ravenkeeper said:

Had to find a recent list. I did mine by putting the stripe end in first, and a fine tip jewelers screwdriver before the diode, to make a easier path for the lead. BRN18 to BRN22 (stripe end). Push the lead we’ll into each pin, at least 1/4”. 

Thanks, brother.  I appreciate the help.  I'll have to unclip it and go at it tomorrow or Thursday, then.

2 hours ago, FootballCoach53 said:

Thanks, brother.  I appreciate the help.  I'll have to unclip it and go at it tomorrow or Thursday, then.

Yeah, that was another thing that I had to do, to make it a little easier, unclip it.

• 1 month later...
8 hours ago, 1SLOW1500 said:

So I didn't read all ht e pages but that is the mods for a 2016 sierra 

I want fog with parking lights. 

cargo with reverse

Oh and if any one knows the bcm ambient light.

Thank you 

On 9/15/2017 at 7:22 AM, Ravenkeeper said:

I took one of my smaller phillips jewelers screwdrivers to make a path for the diodes, or even one of the small common-tip jewelers to help manipulate the diode's way into place.

gallery_151133_4743_59148.jpg

My diode mods, from picture above. 1N4004 diode mods (strip toward second pin/wire):

GRY1 to GRY8 - Puddle lights on with all interior lights

BRN26 to PNK26 - Cargo lights on with Reverse (reverse the diode for R lights on with Cargo)

BRN10 to BRN18 - Fogs on with High Beams (Silverado's Lows stay on with Highs)

There are others for Park/Low on all the time, Fogs on with Lows, Fogs always on, etc. Believe the entire list is in "$50 and under modifications" thread, could also be in this thread somewhere.

Corrected my entry above, had wrong pins.

-2.thumb.jpg.da672a5b6412d933fd0a24585db1e556.jpg

Looking through the schematics, looks like you'll have to jump BRN10-BRN22.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...