2014 Silverado body issue.......how would you fix this, or could you?

After washing this thing off, I noticed that in comparing the driver side edge, to the pass side, the pass side looks to have been too short when stamped or however they do this. This is the part right below the taillight, next to the tailgate. Kinda strange how this would happen, but maybe this is where GM fit and finish is, now days.....? How might I repair this or would you fool with it? Thanks!

Picture a couple of posts down...........sorry bout that. :)

Hope the pic loads....

You can see how it's folded in at the top, then goes to a ragged looking straight pc, then starts to fold back in, as it should................strange...

post-87636-0-51663800-1405113791_thumb.jpg

Something aint right there.

Agree.........driver side is folded in the whole way down...........mind you, the gap looks the same on each side, but ......I dunno

good chance that truck did not come like that from the factory, looks like damage caused by someone, i.e. improperly opening the tailgate with something obstructing it, or trying to remove or re-install the tailgate, etc.

does your tailgate show any sign of damage in the adjacent area?

have you driven it through any drive through brush type car washes where something could have snagged and pull it out, which would likely damage the paint in the process too?

I've owned it for two weeks and only had one hand wash, by me.......I don't even think the dealer cleaned it, as it was a little dusty/dirty when I picked it up. I've personally had nothing on the tailgate or in the bed....tailgate looks perfect.....I really don't know what did it. I just took it to a friend who works in a body shop.........he said he looks to have been done after the fact........I dunno........dealer probably can't/won't do anything.......my word vs their word, etc. Other than bedside replacement, what is a way I can at least give it some strength back, as the needed crimp isn't there.....? Thanks guys!

Did you purchase this truck new or used? Was it a GM dealership that you bought it from? The reason I ask is that I am very surprised that a GM dealer would deliver a brand new vehicle in a non clean condition.

As it stands, I wouldn't mess with it until you've taken it back to where you bought it and see what they will do about it. If it is a GM dealership, and the truck was bought brand new, then I'd take it up a level with the regional representative if you are not satisfied with the dealer's response.

Did you purchase this truck new or used? Was it a GM dealership that you bought it from? The reason I ask is that I am very surprised that a GM dealer would deliver a brand new vehicle in a non clean condition.

As it stands, I wouldn't mess with it until you've taken it back to where you bought it and see what they will do about it. If it is a GM dealership, and the truck was bought brand new, then I'd take it up a level with the regional representative if you are not satisfied with the dealer's response.

Yes, I purchased it new a couple weeks ago. I found it online at an out of state dealer and our local dealer went after it for me.

• 2 weeks later...

Update: As of the last meeting with the service manager, they told me to take it to their bodyshop (out of town) and ask them how they would fix it, then call the service manager back or have the shop call him and let him know how they would proceed........also told me that the best paint that will ever be on the truck, is on the truck now and to really think about that, before it goes to a body shop...............hmmmmmmmmm............I dunno

Update again: The pc I thought was broken off was actually folded back and when I reached for it, it broke out and it looks to be folded over on itself and most of it has never been painted. This is most certainly likely to have happened at GM........correct?

post-87636-0-44602100-1406328942_thumb.jpg

Archived