2015 YUKON NOISE IN CABIN

2015 i Escalade update.

Picked up the Lad after another two week stay at the dealers cirus department. Found out the main hold up was, after they took all the shocks off the install the new updated shocks. GM Engineering called and said WAIT we have the New New shocks to try. Well picked it up this morning. Pulled out of the dealerships drive way, gave it some gas and the the exhaust chip is of course still there. Went to get on the freeway, and of course there is still a two step accelerator pedal. Still mash it and it feels like you've reached the floor. Then push more and there's another inch or so of pedal. The paperwork shows " can not duplicate" that's such BS! And of course the CUE system locked up while playing music via Bluetooth. Errrr.

BUT after driving it 25 miles to work the suspension is 1000x better! Now it rides like you'd expect. Solid without being incredibly overly harsh and firm. Sporty but still comfortable! You don't feel every little turtle when changing lanes. The road I come to work on is pretty rough, and again it's A COMPLETE DIFFERENT RIDE! IF you have magnetic ride control RUN don't walk to your dealer. These new new shocks seem to be so much better. Looking forward to driving it more to confirm all of this. Time will tell, but I think GM is on the right track with the suspension.

Great post, Please give us more info on these shocks. Part number or anything to reference.

! ! !

Sorry everyone, but the paperwork doesn't have part numbers on it. I'm certain your local service manager can contact your GM field engineer for more info. The shocks installed have made it much better. But I do fill there is still room to improve. It's pretty ironic that in my drive way I can get the wheel to drop out completely. I hoping to get softer sidewall tires installed this week.

When I get the truck back, I'll craw around and see if there's any ID numbers or markings on the new shocks.

Edited by TOBTEK

I've read this entire thread and have some things to add. Hopefully they help.

-I used to own a 2013 Tahoe LT. There was a constant vibration at higher speeds in that truck. GM refused to admit there was a problem and I subsequently sold it. It felt like a driveline vibration. My thought is that vibration still exists in the new platform, and is subsequently causing the buffeting sound.

-Second, is anyone with the Z71 or Trailering package experiencing the buffeting or vibration? I wonder if the different gear ratio on those packages helps or eliminates the buffeting/vibration.

-Adam

Hi all, update on my 2015 suburban. Dealer acknowledged that this is a problem with the 2015's. sounds like an issue when the vehicle goes from v8 to v4. There's nothing they can do. They said they would try to find us a 2013 or 14 and we could trade the vehicle in. I'm sure they'll try to screw us on that too.

Any roadmap for how to have gm buy back the vehicle would be great. Thanks in advance.

Hi all, update on my 2015 suburban. Dealer acknowledged that this is a problem with the 2015's. sounds like an issue when the vehicle goes from v8 to v4. There's nothing they can do. They said they would try to find us a 2013 or 14 and we could trade the vehicle in. I'm sure they'll try to screw us on that too.

Any roadmap for how to have gm buy back the vehicle would be great. Thanks in advance.

I know the roadmap to repurchase all too well. Contact GMC customer service. Ask to get a claim number. More than likely, they have been monitoring this site and have already issued you one without you knowing. I was surprised when they told me they had a claim number BEFORE I called them. The claim number gets the ball rolling. From there, they may or may not send a field engineer out to your dealership considering your dealer has acknowledged the problem and "there's nothing they can do."

My first repurchase required a long, drawn out process (6 weeks of rental car) in which they had to try so many different things to verify the issues were legit and the field engineer basically gave the go ahead for buyback. My second one, was very simple. The master tech said there was a ear pressure problem and they didn't waste any time getting the repurchase going.

Once it's established you have a buyback situation, you will be contacted by the repurchase department out of Saginaw, MI. They will send you a settlement offer in which you have a few days to sign and accept. You will be repaid less rebates and incentives and sales tax. Depending on the condition of your truck, it can be less than full purchase price. I received full purchase price less sales taxes on both of my 2015 Denalis.

Keep your cool and try to lose it. I know you're upset...I am still pissed. Just remember, none of the folks you will be dealing with from here on out built or designed your lemon truck. No sense lashing out at them...I think that's why my repayments were completed smoothly and relatively quickly. Being nice will only help get your money back sooner.

Oh, do not commit to buy another vehicle from your dealer until you have your money back! See how he/she helps you get through this one. If they are helpful, reward with another chance. If not, buy something else. My dealer was exceptionally rude at the end of the buyback...I bought another truck out of state because of him. He blew it at the end...yours could too. Wait until cash is in hand. Keep us posted!

I know the roadmap to repurchase all too well. Contact GMC customer service. Ask to get a claim number. More than likely, they have been monitoring this site and have already issued you one without you knowing. I was surprised when they told me they had a claim number BEFORE I called them. The claim number gets the ball rolling. From there, they may or may not send a field engineer out to your dealership considering your dealer has acknowledged the problem and "there's nothing they can do."

My first repurchase required a long, drawn out process (6 weeks of rental car) in which they had to try so many different things to verify the issues were legit and the field engineer basically gave the go ahead for buyback. My second one, was very simple. The master tech said there was a ear pressure problem and they didn't waste any time getting the repurchase going.

Once it's established you have a buyback situation, you will be contacted by the repurchase department out of Saginaw, MI. They will send you a settlement offer in which you have a few days to sign and accept. You will be repaid less rebates and incentives and sales tax. Depending on the condition of your truck, it can be less than full purchase price. I received full purchase price less sales taxes on both of my 2015 Denalis.

Keep your cool and try to lose it. I know you're upset...I am still pissed. Just remember, none of the folks you will be dealing with from here on out built or designed your lemon truck. No sense lashing out at them...I think that's why my repayments were completed smoothly and relatively quickly. Being nice will only help get your money back sooner.

Oh, do not commit to buy another vehicle from your dealer until you have your money back! See how he/she helps you get through this one. If they are helpful, reward with another chance. If not, buy something else. My dealer was exceptionally rude at the end of the buyback...I bought another truck out of state because of him. He blew it at the end...yours could too. Wait until cash is in hand. Keep us posted!

Why no refund of sales tax?

Hoping to help those looking to purchase a 2015 Suburban, Escalade, or Yukon XL. I have driven 3 different Suburban LTZ's and 2 separate Yukon XL Denali's, and they have ALL had the vibration/ear pressure issue. Do NOT buy this vehicle until they fix the problem.

It is something you may not notice on a test drive. The problem is less noticeable at lower and highway speeds. We test drove ours, and bought it without hesitation for 70k! However, a week and a half, and 500 miles later, we can't wait to get rid of it. Pressure in your ears that cause headaches. Consistent, noticeable, vibrations when the car changed from V8 to V4. And have fun wasting your time trying to get the dealer or GM to work with you.

We notice the problem most between 35-45mph. Unfortunately, that's where my wife spends most of her commute; between 35-45mph. The problem is not something we can live with, never mind the fact that we dropped 70k on a car that runs like a POS.

GM knows the problem exists. I've had 2 separate dealerships look at it, and the service people know the problem as well, and the techs agree with us! I had a service foreman at a large dealer tell me there's no way he would ever buy this vehicle (2015 Suburban, Yukon XL, and Escalade). The car drives horribly. BUT, GM has no fix yet.

If you have a commute that is mostly highway, you can probably live with this. But should you? Really? After spending this much money on a vehicle?

We're looking for a 2013 or 14 with low miles. We'll see how bad they try to screw us on the trade in. If that doesn't work, we'll have GM buy it back.

Get your money back! How can they possibly give a good deal on your trade when they know it has a major problem?! They will not be able to resell it at a higher cost, thus sticking it to you for less on your 2015. Read my advice I posted above. I have been there, done that. Don't waste another minute and get the claim number for repurchase. A trade will not be favorable. Further, what kind of dealership would knowingly resell a bad vehicle? I would not want to do business with them anyway. Get your money back and let the dealer deal with the problem. Without having cash in hand, you have no leverage on getting a "deal" on a different vehicle. In my opinion, anyway...

Why no refund of sales tax?

I'm thinking because GM does a buy-back instead of a refund. Thus, the original transaction is not cancelled and the sales tax stays with the government. The second transaction is totally separate and is essentially a private citizen selling a used vehicle. Just happens to be to GM. Not sure about your jurisdictions, but in our province, when the seller is a private citizen, the sale is not subject to sales tax. If the seller is a dealer, new or used, the transaction is subject to sales tax.

I have been having tranny issues on my 2013 Tahoe LT that I bought as a certified vehicle last year with 24,000 miles really like it but 2 tranny issues in less than a year and I only put on 8,000 miles since had me go back to the dealer and see what they can do on a new 2015 Tahoe. Well dealer was great to work with and the new 2015i Tahoe LT Z71 just arrived from the factory today and just go done with the test drive....so brand new build for those that think this issue if fixed....it is not!

Wow did I feel the cabin pressure and I only did 10 mile ride of speeds of 30-70mph. This is a fully loaded LT with Entertainment and Luxury package....looks awesome...rides great but now doubt I will get due to this issue! I am going back with my wife tomorrow to test again and if we feel the cabin pressure again we will pass and I guess stick with the 2013 Tahoe! Bummer but that cabin pressure and ear pressure was absolutely obnoxious! Someone mentioned maybe trying to pull the fuse for the noise canceling system....not sure about that but I guess I can try. I am going to try a 2015 Tahoe LTZ tomorrow as well as long as I am going back.