2015 YUKON NOISE IN CABIN

I let a few lbs. of air out of the tires, seems to help some for the low speed booming. Running 33-34 psi now.

Took my truck into the shop last month and noticed bumps sounded extremely loud in the cabin. The dealer increased my tire pressure to 37 cold psi. I never noticed the loud sound of bumps prior to taking the truck in for maintenance, but then I never run more that 33 cold psi tire pressure in my truck. I usually tell the dealer not to adjust my tire pressure but forgot this time.

I just ordered the Dampeners at my dealer. Unfortunately they are going to charge me 89 bucks a pop for these. If it ends up solving the booming noises at slow speeds, I will argue for them to reimburse me. At this point Im desperate, but ill keep you posted one the parts come in.

No way on earth yiu should be paying for these if your still under warranty.

Standing by for confirmation that it resolves the booming.

They told me there was no work order with those parts, but knew the parts I was speaking of. Im standing by until the parts come in. If it fixes the issue, then I will definitely request they cover the fees. As soon as I get a work order with the part #s ill post them up for you guys ;)

I made the decision NOT TO BUY a Yukon or Tahoe unless GM confirms they fixed this issues.

GM will deny there is a problem as will salespeople. The only way you'll know for sure is listen to people who have them. From the sounds of it, there may be progress on the 2017s but the jury still seems to be out.

I call BS on the 2017's being improved. Drove a 2017 Denali with 22"'s and turned back in 15 minutes because of the headache the buffeting was causing. I then drove a 2017 Premier Tahoe with 20"'s and the buffeting was even worse in the low 40 mph range. Salesman asked me if the windows were down? Laughable. Having had 2 repurchased for this issue I know exactly what to look for. Buyer beware of the 2017's. Nothing is changed. I was optimistic about body mounts, exhaust changes, etc. All for naught. You may as well start a new thread called, "2017 xxx Noise in Cabin." I'm done with this body design.

I call BS on the 2017's being improved. Drove a 2017 Denali with 22"'s and turned back in 15 minutes because of the headache the buffeting was causing. I then drove a 2017 Premier Tahoe with 20"'s and the buffeting was even worse in the low 40 mph range. Salesman asked me if the windows were down? Laughable. Having had 2 repurchased for this issue I know exactly what to look for. Buyer beware of the 2017's. Nothing is changed. I was optimistic about body mounts, exhaust changes, etc. All for naught. You may as well start a new thread called, "2017 xxx Noise in Cabin." I'm done with this body design.

Yep... I got confirmation from my service manager that the couple 2017's he has driven still have the buffeting issue. I guess GM didn't get the memo that these vehicles are AWFUL!

• Like 1

I made the decision NOT TO BUY a Yukon or Tahoe unless GM confirms they fixed this issues.

Smart man.

Life's too short to deal with back and forth with dealersips.

And that's what GM expects, that people just accept it or get so tired of dealing with it, that they give up.

Good decision! You wouldnt want to be going through what we all are.

And I got confirmation from my service manager that the couple 2017's he has driven still have the buffeting issue.

haha...he was one of the first to deal with this and actually went through the buyback process twice. He's one of the first contributors to this thread over 2yrs ago.

We've been able to mask most of the issues and plan to deal with ours for a little longer but I'm already considering going with the new expedition when it comes out.

Edited by ajs800

They told me there was no work order with those parts, but knew the parts I was speaking of. Im standing by until the parts come in. If it fixes the issue, then I will definitely request they cover the fees. As soon as I get a work order with the part #s ill post them up for you guys ;)

Have you had the work done yet? GM seems to be dragging their feet with us on our Tahoe. Just cause I drove other ones and they all have this problem GM is saying that it's normal. I need to fix this pile of junk so my wife can drive it. As soon as you get some results please let me know. Thanks

Hi gents. Firstly, I would like to thank all of you who have spent the time to spread the news and try to fix this issue. A quick story. My 2008 Hybrid may have just essentially destroyed itself and is in the shop. I'm not sure if I want to just get a brand new one so I test drove a new 2017 Yukon Denali SUV. I got on the on-ramp and as we passed 35-40 accelerating I felt/heard a vibration. I actually said to the sales guy; "What's that noise/ vibration? Does this thing need a wheel balancing?" But at the same time it almost seemed like a noise buffet and not physical.He said that the on-ramp has bumps and so did the right lane we used on the freeway. I am a pilot and use Bose noise cancellation headsets at home QC-35 and while flying. The funny part is that I thought right after I heard the noise: ' Man, I wonder if this could be that noise cancellation not being perfectly out of phase with the noise it is trying to cancel and actually making things worse.'

I admit I can't stand rattles and wind noise. I was hoping to get a Yukon again but it doesn't seem like they have fixed this. I have test driven about 8 new midsize and full-sized suvs and for me the Lincoln MKX ( A really loaded one) was the quietest. I actually would intentionally drive over the lane separating bumps continuously to rattle the vehicles to see if there were rattles. BTW I've been a GM guy since 1987 and Have never had a Lincoln or anything to do with them so I'm not advertising. I'm just talking about noise.

So, good luck everyone and thanks for spreading the word on this.