2015 YUKON NOISE IN CABIN

I had my exhaust replaced 2 x's. Engine mounts replaced. Roof checked. Nothing solved my buffeting issue. They offered to make a car payment for me and told me there was nothing else that they could do for me. I don't not have the time to do all the leg work for a lemon law. I have to drive with my Yukon in manual to prevent myself from feeling sick from the buffeting. $65k for a truck that I can not drive they way it was meant to be driven. So basically GM beat me down and won.

Sorry to hear that. I was too offered a one month payment but I declined so they are scheduling a hearing. I hope they get more serious about it.

The dampers have arrived at the dealerahip. But the 20" wheels are still on back order.

I need help. Dealer isn't getting good instructions on the damper placement.

I have the location of 4. need that pic and location of the 5th.

@FogDucker, @Ozzii could I get a location list and a pic of the last one.

FD, you mention you were coming through VA. Im off I-95. I'd be happy to crawl under there and take the pic.

The dampers have arrived at the dealerahip. But the 20" wheels are still on back order.

I need help. Dealer isn't getting good instructions on the damper placement.

I have the location of 4. need that pic and location of the 5th.

@FogDucker, @Ozzii could I get a location list and a pic of the last one.

FD, you mention you were coming through VA. Im off I-95. I'd be happy to crawl under there and take the pic.

SierraMyst,

My travels don't take me that far east in VA, so I parked my Yukon on a curb and crawled under this afternoon. I was mistaken - there are only 4 dampers. From front to back, they are:

• a pair of dampers close to the crossmember, before the braided section
  • a single damper right after the braided section before the muffler/resonator
  • a single damper approximately 11" before the other muffler/resonator

Here are some more pics, in the same order as above. Hope it helps.

--

Marc

post-139332-0-63901400-1484517206_thumb.jpg

post-139332-0-80353500-1484517205_thumb.jpg

post-139332-0-12705000-1484517205_thumb.jpg

SierraMyst,

My travels don't take me that far east in VA, so I parked my Yukon on a curb and crawled under this afternoon. I was mistaken - there are only 4 dampers. From front to back, they are:

• a pair of dampers close to the crossmember, before the braided section
  • a single damper right after the braided section before the muffler/resonator
  • a single damper approximately 11" before the other muffler/resonator
Here are some more pics, in the same order as above. Hope it helps.

--

Marc

20170115_162957.jpg

20170115_162933.jpg

20170115_162812.jpg

Wow...Thanks Marc.

This is incredibly helpful.

Well...... IM FIANALLY DONE with GM and this whole mess ! Until they get this completely figured out. Today we received the letter saying GM would grant a 100% refund on this 2016 Escalade. We've been getting Ridiculous offers for the last few weeks from GM. Saying they would give us first $5,000 to keep the Escalpile, then 7, then 9, then 11K. Our Esq keep returning the same letter saying nothing short of a 100% refund would result in a Law suite and they would now be liable for up to $166K per Ca law.

For those that recognize my screen name. THIS IS THE THIRD NEWER SUV GM HAS BOUGHT BACK IN ABOUT TWO YEARS (TWO 2015'S & ONE 2016). They bought back our early production 2015 Yukon SLT. Then bought back the 2015i Escalade. Against my better judgment, my wife wanted to try another. And as we all now the 2016's are just as bad as the 2015's. GM fought me on every attempted repair with the "GM CUSTOMER SERVICE LINE" What a joke these people are ! They are NOT GM employees, they are an outside call center group GM pays to Defuse your complaints. GM Does not care about you, They only want your money....simple as that!

All this even after the GM field engineer said our vehicle's Pico scope reading were very high. They tried all the normal known fixes, even tried Dyna matting the entire roof... Nothing will stop the booming and buffeting. They STILL are refusing to try a new exhaust system or dampener's for some reason. So I'm VERY happy to give the keys back to another one of these PILES OF rough riding JUNK!

I can only hope GM redesigns these vehicles. Truly great LOOKING SUV's, but they are just terrible. We've already replaced it with a New Toyota Landscruiser. Doesn't look half as nice, but it rides as a LUXURY vehicle should. Doesn't make any of the Booming or Buffeting noises. As we're preparing to give this back, the transmission is clunking bad again, and the entire dash will go black from time to time...LOL.

I wish you all the best of luck with trying to fix your Tahoe's, Yukon's and Escalades. Life is too short to be dealing with $60-100,000.00 vehicles that the manufacture KNOWS are flawed.

BYE BYE GM !

...glad to hear you got out from it. We've been able to band-aid ours to an acceptable level, but it's still not right. I am one that is waiting to see what the '18 Expedition EL is like and might be trading in as soon as they become available.

• Like 1

Well...... IM FIANALLY DONE with GM and this whole mess ! Until they get this completely figured out. Today we received the letter saying GM would grant a 100% refund on this 2016 Escalade. We've been getting Ridiculous offers for the last few weeks from GM. Saying they would give us first $5,000 to keep the Escalpile, then 7, then 9, then 11K. Our Esq keep returning the same letter saying nothing short of a 100% refund would result in a Law suite and they would now be liable for up to $166K per Ca law.

For those that recognize my screen name. THIS IS THE THIRD NEWER SUV GM HAS BOUGHT BACK IN ABOUT TWO YEARS (TWO 2015'S & ONE 2016). They bought back our early production 2015 Yukon SLT. Then bought back the 2015i Escalade. Against my better judgment, my wife wanted to try another. And as we all now the 2016's are just as bad as the 2015's. GM fought me on every attempted repair with the "GM CUSTOMER SERVICE LINE" What a joke these people are ! They are NOT GM employees, they are an outside call center group GM pays to Defuse your complaints. GM Does not care about you, They only want your money....simple as that!

All this even after the GM field engineer said our vehicle's Pico scope reading were very high. They tried all the normal known fixes, even tried Dyna matting the entire roof... Nothing will stop the booming and buffeting. They STILL are refusing to try a new exhaust system or dampener's for some reason. So I'm VERY happy to give the keys back to another one of these PILES OF rough riding JUNK!

I can only hope GM redesigns these vehicles. Truly great LOOKING SUV's, but they are just terrible. We've already replaced it with a New Toyota Landscruiser. Doesn't look half as nice, but it rides as a LUXURY vehicle should. Doesn't make any of the Booming or Buffeting noises. As we're preparing to give this back, the transmission is clunking bad again, and the entire dash will go black from time to time...LOL.

I wish you all the best of luck with trying to fix your Tahoe's, Yukon's and Escalades. Life is too short to be dealing with $60-100,000.00 vehicles that the manufacture KNOWS are flawed.

BYE BYE GM !

Did you have both buffeting and booming or both?

Did you have both buffeting and booming or both?

BOTH ! The smallest imperfection in the road at slow speed makes your ears pound like a subwoofer is pounding in the car (classic Booming). and the freeway buffeting is unbearable! I could live the clunking transmission from time to time, or even the F450 truck suspension system...... but the booming and buffeting is just awful.

Its a shame GM cant get this worked out. They are without a doubt the best looking SUV's out there..... Well maybe at par with the RR Sport. But that's not the answer for a reliable soccer mom mobile.

LIFE is TOO SHORT for this non sense........ do yourself a favor, and go by something else. lol.

What's really funny, Is my wife thinks im a freak over this whole thing. She thinks her Escipile is just great. Just yesterday at one of our girls soccer games, another mom that has a 2015i Escalade pulled up in a new Lexus LX570. We asked where's your Escalade. She replied " Its getting bought back under the Lemon Law. All I could do was grin my wifes way.....LOL. She's on her SEVENTH set of brakes. she only has 40k on the vehicle.

Edited by TOBTEK

My 2015 Yukon xl is going in tomorrow and the service manager and the district manager will be taking it for a ride. I went the bbb route and to date I have been told that there is nothing wrong with my truck and that the best they would do is offer to extend my warranty. I also involved the service manager and general manager at my dealership and they are going to bat for me and trying to see what they can do. In the mean time bbb is moving me onto the arbitration phase. I missed spending Christmas with my family due to an issue with my truck that would not allow me to drive it 10 hrs. This whole process is really getting frustrating. I hope that the dealerships staff can help turn the tables

Saw this in the Silverado/Sierra section and found it interesting.

http://vibratesoftware.com/nvh-app-the-chevy-chevrolet-shake-no-one-fix/

I'm lucky I don't have the shake or buffeting in my Yukon, just the low speed booming which it seems everybody has whether they recognize it or not. It seems like the dampers may fix that. What a crap shoot these vehicles are! Good ole GM reliability.

BTW: Might be selling it because I have a true need for a 4wd pickup. 2016 Denail shorty 2wd, 9k trouble free miles in NC/SC region. Can't seem to do it quite yet though, really like everything about this car. By far my favorite vehicle I've ever owned.

Edited by cltsig

My 2015 Yukon xl is going in tomorrow and the service manager and the district manager will be taking it for a ride. I went the bbb route and to date I have been told that there is nothing wrong with my truck and that the best they would do is offer to extend my warranty. I also involved the service manager and general manager at my dealership and they are going to bat for me and trying to see what they can do. In the mean time bbb is moving me onto the arbitration phase. I missed spending Christmas with my family due to an issue with my truck that would not allow me to drive it 10 hrs. This whole process is really getting frustrating. I hope that the dealerships staff can help turn the tables

Here is my update. The service manager contacted me today and totally agrees that there is something up with buffeting in my truck. They are headed down the road of the PIT 5318 I was told we need to follow the recommendations of GM regarding the issue.

Well I am officially part of this buffeting/pressure issue. Purchased a new 2016 Suburban LTZ 4WD with 22" rims. Starting getting the issue this week. Vehicle has 5822 miles on it. Took car to Chevrolet service shop. They called me today and confirmed the issue. They told me the first step Chevrolet told them to do was replace the exhaust. Parts are not available until next week. If that does not resolve it they would work on the roof. I cannot believe this. $70k vehicle. I have tried to read all posts on this. Crazy.

What is interesting on mine is when you roll 4 windows down the pressure/buffeting is gone. But sealed up it is there. Also most prevalent around 40-45 and then again around 65-70mph. Interesting, a lower speeds sounds like a booming sound and at higher speeds more like a helicopter.

Any suggestions on how to document/properly handle would be appreciated. I will keep everyone posted on progress. Off to drink a beer or two....

• Like 1

Here is my update. The service manager contacted me today and totally agrees that there is something up with buffeting in my truck. They are headed down the road of the PIT 5318 I was told we need to follow the recommendations of GM regarding the issue.

Well I went to the dealership on Friday to take a look at the the situation with the roof bows. They look pretty bad the front most bow was missing a lot of the bonding material. I had been complaining that the roof over the drivers seat was loose making noise since the summer and when they had a engineering look at it in December he put in some foam tape, which can be seen in first picture. I am guessing he must have known about the bow delimitation and Buffeting issue and instead of going further he said the problem was not reproducible and there was no issue. Many of the bows are not sealed to the roof panel at many different locations and there are other area's that are totally missing. This situation is so unacceptable.

They are waiting for the supplies they ordered to come in before they go further with the repair.

post-19164-0-92380800-1485692619_thumb.jpeg

post-19164-0-00628000-1485692629_thumb.jpeg

Edited by pboerschlein

Well I went to the dealership on Friday to take a look at the the situation with the roof bows. They look pretty bad the front most bow was missing a lot of the bonding material. I had been complaining that the roof over the drivers seat was loose making noise since the summer and when they had a engineering look at it in December he put in some foam tape, which can be seen in first picture. I am guessing he must have known about the bow delimitation and Buffeting issue and instead of going further he said the problem was not reproducible and there was no issue. Many of the bows are not sealed to the roof panel at many different locations and there are other area's that are totally missing. This situation is so unacceptable.

They are waiting for the supplies they ordered to come in before they go further with the repair.

IIRC both members that had the roof fix saw the problem return after the bows came undone again, I also thought GM was no longer doing the roof work