2015 YUKON NOISE IN CABIN

sunke1e - I am not experiencing this particular issue, but listen to the folks that are. If I was in your situation, my money would still be in the bank collecting interest. Save yourself some heartache and headaches, don't purchase this vehicle until GM has this problem sorted-out. According to 20sierra14 (new truck built in Aug 14), the problem is not fixed.

20sierra14 - what is the 10th alpha character in your VIN? If it is a "F", you have a 2015 model vehicle. If it is a "G", you have a 2016 model. Usually by Aug of a year, the next years vehicles are hitting the street. If that is the case, your vehicle should be a 2016 model. If your response is "F" there is not a fix for your vehicle. If your response is "G", bad news for folks looking to purchase one of these vehicles cause GM did not figure out the problem for the 2016 models.

Mine has the F for the 10th character in the VIN, so its a 2015 still. I haven't seen any release/production dates for the 2016 at all. The wife is completely sold on getting another one. She refuses to have this "home-made" fix job for our current one. I would assume most people who purchase a $65k SUV w/ 300 miles would cringe to have the interior roof be completely ripped out and then "glued" back on the cross-beams..

My only fear is getting ANOTHER one w/ the issue...

Hello all. Stumbled across this forum surfing the net, looking to see if anyone was experiencing what we are with our brand new 2015 Yukon. After now reading this entire thread, I'm sick to my stomach! Cant believe we spent over $70,000.00 with tax and lic for a brand-new redesigned vehicle and the manufacture did not do its due diligence with its research and development.

We have the same "sound buffing" issue, a drive shaft/transmission clunk sound, Rattle in the front left dash, one of the second row buckets has a spring that sounds and feels like an old mattress. you can feel the spring popping in the seat. And we've owned it about 2 1/2 weeks at this point. I noticed the Buffing sound the first day, thought someone left a rear window open. Its driving me crazy, and upsets me every time I drive the vehicle.

What really stinks is my family loves this new Yukon! Its pretty funny when the family is upset they have to take the 2014 Mercedes E class. LoL.

I'm a So-Cal Realtor, have had a few clients in the new Yukon, They all same the same thing. " Its a really nice vehicle, but whats going on this this sound? It sounds like the back windows are down" Now glad I saved the money and didn't buy the Escalade I really wanted. 100K and have this issue, bad enough at 70K !

Guess I'll start the process and contact my local GMC dealer. What a drag. THANKS GM !

Took Back our 2015 suburban on Mon and they agreed there is an issue. I test drove both Suburban's and Yukon's at the dealership with the service mgr and they ALL have the same problem to varying degrees. I am absolutely pissed that GM would release this vehicle... Just goes to show corporate profits and poor R/D = all of us getting screwed out of a lot of cash. The parts for the TSB fix have been ordered but I read this will not fix the issue. So I will give them the three attempts to fix it and then file under NY lemon law. GM rep stop blowing smoke like you don't know what's going on......I just love how you dance around the issue and don't actually answer anyone's questions..... YOU need to call someone with authority in GM corporate and make things right. Most of us are die hard Chevy owners and we don't deserve to be screwed over after years of faithfulness to the bowtie. P.S. fire the entire R/D staff who built the "NEW" "MORE REFINED" SUBURBAN.

Took Back our 2015 suburban on Mon and they agreed there is an issue. I test drove both Suburban's and Yukon's at the dealership with the service mgr and they ALL have the same problem to varying degrees. I am absolutely pissed that GM would release this vehicle... Just goes to show corporate profits and poor R/D = all of us getting screwed out of a lot of cash. The parts for the TSB fix have been ordered but I read this will not fix the issue. So I will give them the three attempts to fix it and then file under NY lemon law. GM rep stop blowing smoke like you don't know what's going on......I just love how you dance around the issue and don't actually answer anyone's questions..... YOU need to call someone with authority in GM corporate and make things right. Most of us are die hard Chevy owners and we don't deserve to be screwed over after years of faithfulness to the bowtie. P.S. fire the entire R/D staff who built the "NEW" "MORE REFINED" SUBURBAN.

I fully agree.. Although the reps are very nice and all -- WHAT ARE YOU GUYS DOING TO FIX THIS KNOWN PROBLEM? Can you people not make some kind of "trouble ticket" to get this fixed during assembly?

We will not be buying another Yukon until it's confirmed this buffering issue is FIXED!

Edited by 20Sierra14

Ummm. I may be the dumbest guy on the planet...probably the next model year version of the Denali. I love(d) the Denali...just not the one they built for me earlier this year. Not everyone is having the problem. Hopefully the R&D they did to mine can help others and prevent the problem on future vehicles.

My previous Denali (traded for the new one) was great. Had it for 11 years and never, ever had a problem. Hoping the next one can live up to my previous expectations.

Edited by jasondenali15

Ummm. I may be the dumbest guy on the planet...probably the next model year version of the Denali. I love(d) the Denali...just not the one they built for me earlier this year. Not everyone is having the problem. Hopefully the R&D they did to mine can help others and prevent the problem on future vehicles.

My previous Denali (traded for the new one) was great. Had it for 11 years and never, ever had a problem. Hoping the next one can live up to my previous expectations.

Almost the same w/ us.. We traded in a 2011 Yukon that we've had no problems out of! Solid truck and we loved it -- now we're kind of missing it :) My 2014 Sierra is awesome! Few little things here and there, but all is good now and love driving it!

Problem Update-- The dealer is dragging their feet on taking this Yukon back. We notified them of issue 3 days after we took delivery (one day was a Sunday when they were closed). They have updated us and told us they would NOT give us back our old Yukon unless we pay over $2k more than what they gave us on our trade value... NO THANKS... And they also told us they ARE NOT offering us a loaner so we could re-order a new one... They told us they could find one on a lot somewhere, or they have a Denali that we would need to front $5k more. We're considering doing the Denali, but I'm totally worried it'll have the same issue!

We've contacted GM customer service to escalate the issue, but it seems either way, we're car-less, or stuck w/ an SUV that I can't stand to be in...

ANYONE ELSE HEARING LIKE A BUFFERING SOUND? MAKES YOUR EARS FEEL LIKE THE WINDOW IS DOWN, BUT IT IS NOT? I TOOK IT BACK TO THE DEALER, THEY HEARD IT. WE GOT IN ANOTHER 2015 YUKON XL AND HEARD THE SAME NOISE. THE TECH SAID IT MUST BE A BUFFER OR SOMETHING, AND THAT GMC WILL HAVE TO ISSUE A FIX. ALMOST FEELS LIKE A VACCUM OR SOMETHING. IT'S THE SAME FEELING YOU WOULD ENCOUNTER WHEN A WINDOW IS DOWN AND YOU FEEL A RUMBLING SOUND IN YOUR EARS.

I have a 2015 Suburban LTD and was one of the first to get it in March. The sound is a tunnel effect. I have just accepted the issue... it is a design issue I assume and trying to get answers is useless.

Just like the issues with the USB ports not giving enough amps to charge a phone.

My note 4 will barely get enough power via direct usb but if I use cig adapter it charges and if I use the 12 volt plug is give 1200 amps.

I have a 2015 Suburban LTD and was one of the first to get it in March. The sound is a tunnel effect. I have just accepted the issue... it is a design issue I assume and trying to get answers is useless.

Just like the issues with the USB ports not giving enough amps to charge a phone.

My note 4 will barely get enough power via direct usb but if I use cig adapter it charges and if I use the 12 volt plug is give 1200 amps.

Folks – going to the dealership is like a bandaid, that’s why customers are getting various ways to fix one problem. What we have is an independent dealer being held responsible for a defective vehicle from a manufacturer. By having a couple of defective vehicles returned, GM has accepted the fact there is a defect. But unless GM downward direct resources and policy what to do about the issue, customers will continue to get the deer in the headlight look from the independent dealers. The dealer bought the vehicle from the manufacturer and is not willing to spend unknown amounts of their money attempting to fix an issue in which the fix will be very costly. Even if a dealership decided to conduct a guesstimated fix, there is not a guarantee that fix will work or if GM will warranty the work.

Unless Corporate downward direct policy, don’t expect a change in how the issue "overall" is being mitigated. BTW, GM Corporate Executive (GMCE) in charge of Global Quality and Customer Experience is Alicia Boler-Davis. GMCE in charge of Global Manufacturing is James B Deluca. GMCE in charge of Global Public Policy is Robert E Ferguson. GMCE in charge of Design is Edward T Wellburn Jr. Chuck Stevens is the GMCE Chief Financial Officer. These are the people responsible for this defective SUV and should be held accountable. The dealer may not be willing to call one of the folks, but if they provide you a number, I don’t think you would have a problem telling them what you think.

"The sound is a tunnel effect. I have just accepted the issue... it is a design issue I assume and trying to get answers is useless."

I am an Acoustician. You do not need to accept the issue (it's up to you however). It is a design issue and GM is looking in the wrong place and using inappropriate test equipment to find the problem.

Oh, and btw, the Bose Audio Pilot feature is a clever idea but just isn't working the way one would want or expect (as measured by sensitive test gear).

Edited by Anon2015

Anon2015 – I respect your profession, but your comment infers this is an acoustical problem and GM is looking in the wrong direction. If you lined a Tahoe, Escalade, and Yukon next to each other and removed the lights, grill, and other mods and was then told to pick out the vehicles, you would not know the difference. My point, with these trucks being interchangeable, if this was a design issue it should happening to all brands, all trucks.

I don’t think it’s acoustical, but rather a certain group of VIN vehicles, manufactured a certain location, receiving low quality roof sheet metal combined with inferior welding techniques. (probably a spot weld versus a bead). I say a certain group of vehicles because I am not experiencing any of the issues identified in this thread (which I should if this was a design issue).

There may be some other underlying issues, but I believe the sheet metal separation is the primary culprit. Explain what you mean by a design issue.

Escalade owner here with the same problem.

Rear differential replaced to no avail. Have had one wheel and tire replaced with complete road force balance.

I thought of the Active Noise Cancellation but turning it off has no effect.

Prevalent in mine from 25-80 mph.

Also have slight but noticeable constant vibration.

Service manager has opened case with GM Engineering as he has another Escalade with the same problem.

Another Escalade owner with issue...not as much the buffeting sound (which honestly seems to have gone away...not sure it reaslly has or whether I have become used to it) but rather the vibration.

It is most pronounced at 40-45 mph...can feel it and see the rear seat shaking...but it is present at all speeds.

The dealer replaced rear tires and did the road force balancer adjustment to no avail....waiting to hear next steps.