2601 replies to this topic

#2596 ruso82

ruso82

Enthusiast

• 8 posts
  • Name:Se Seo
  • Drives:2016 burb ltz

Posted 12 January 2017 - 10:15 AM

I had my exhaust replaced 2 x's. Engine mounts replaced. Roof checked. Nothing solved my buffeting issue.  They offered to make a car payment for me and told me there was nothing else that they could do for me. I don't not have the time to do all the leg work for a lemon law. I have to drive with my Yukon in manual to prevent myself from feeling sick from the buffeting. $65k for a truck that I can not drive they way it was meant to be driven. So basically GM beat me down and won.

Sorry to hear that. I was too offered a one month payment but I declined so they are scheduling a hearing. I hope they get more serious about it.

#2597 SierraMyst

SierraMyst

Enthusiast

• 408 posts
  • Drives:2016 Sierra SLT All Terrian 5.3L Onyx Black

Posted 13 January 2017 - 02:28 PM

The dampers have arrived at the dealerahip. But the 20" wheels are still on back order.

I need help. Dealer isn't getting good instructions on the damper placement.

I have the location of 4. need that pic and location of the 5th.

@FogDucker, @Ozzii could I get a location list and a pic of the last one.

FD, you mention you were coming through VA. Im off I-95. I'd be happy to crawl under there and take the pic.

#2598 FogDucker

FogDucker

Enthusiast

• 239 posts
  • Name:Marc
  • Drives:2015i Yukon Denali

Posted 15 January 2017 - 04:57 PM

The dampers have arrived at the dealerahip. But the 20" wheels are still on back order.

I need help. Dealer isn't getting good instructions on the damper placement.

I have the location of 4. need that pic and location of the 5th.

@FogDucker, @Ozzii could I get a location list and a pic of the last one.

FD, you mention you were coming through VA. Im off I-95. I'd be happy to crawl under there and take the pic.

SierraMyst,

My travels don't take me that far east in VA, so I parked my Yukon on a curb and crawled under this afternoon.  I was mistaken - there are only 4 dampers.  From front to back, they are:

• a pair of dampers close to the crossmember, before the braided section
  • a single damper right after the braided section before the muffler/resonator
  • a single damper approximately 11" before the other muffler/resonator

Here are some more pics, in the same order as above.  Hope it helps.

--

Marc

20170115_162957.jpg

20170115_162933.jpg

20170115_162812.jpg

#2599 SierraMyst

SierraMyst

Enthusiast

• 408 posts
  • Drives:2016 Sierra SLT All Terrian 5.3L Onyx Black

Posted 15 January 2017 - 05:09 PM

SierraMyst,

My travels don't take me that far east in VA, so I parked my Yukon on a curb and crawled under this afternoon.  I was mistaken - there are only 4 dampers.  From front to back, they are:

• a pair of dampers close to the crossmember, before the braided section
  • a single damper right after the braided section before the muffler/resonator
  • a single damper approximately 11" before the other muffler/resonator
Here are some more pics, in the same order as above.  Hope it helps.

--
Marc

20170115_162957.jpg
20170115_162933.jpg
20170115_162812.jpg

Wow...Thanks Marc.

This is incredibly helpful.

#2600 TOBTEK

TOBTEK

Enthusiast

• 100 posts

Posted Yesterday, 01:32 PM

Well...... IM FIANALLY DONE with GM and this whole mess ! Until they get this completely figured out.  Today we received the letter saying GM would grant a 100% refund on this 2016 Escalade. We've been getting Ridiculous offers for the last few weeks from GM. Saying they would give us first $5,000 to keep the Escalpile, then 7, then 9, then 11K. Our Esq keep returning the same letter saying nothing short of a 100% refund would result in a Law suite and they would now be liable for up to $166K per Ca law.              

For those  that recognize my screen name. THIS IS THE THIRD NEWER SUV GM HAS BOUGHT BACK IN ABOUT TWO YEARS (TWO 2015'S & ONE 2016). They bought back our early production 2015 Yukon SLT. Then bought back the 2015i Escalade. Against my better judgment, my wife wanted to try another. And as we all now the 2016's are just as bad as the 2015's. GM fought me on every attempted repair with the "GM CUSTOMER SERVICE LINE"   What a joke these people are !  They are NOT GM employees, they are an outside call center group GM pays to Defuse your complaints. GM Does not care about you, They only want your money....simple as that!

All this even after the GM field engineer said our vehicle's Pico scope reading were very high. They tried all the normal known fixes, even tried Dyna matting the entire roof... Nothing will stop the booming and buffeting. They STILL are refusing to try a new exhaust system or dampener's for some reason.  So I'm VERY happy to give the keys back to another one of these PILES OF rough riding JUNK!   

I can only hope GM redesigns these vehicles. Truly great LOOKING SUV's, but they are just terrible. We've already replaced it with a New Toyota Landscruiser. Doesn't look half as nice, but it rides as a LUXURY vehicle should. Doesn't make any of the Booming or Buffeting noises. As we're preparing to give this back, the transmission is clunking bad again, and the entire dash will go black from time to time...LOL.

I wish you all the best of luck with trying to fix your Tahoe's, Yukon's and Escalades. Life is too short to be dealing with $60-100,000.00 vehicles that the manufacture KNOWS are flawed.

BYE BYE GM ! 

#2601 ajs800

ajs800

Enthusiast

• 123 posts

Posted Yesterday, 04:24 PM

...glad to hear you got out from it.  We've been able to band-aid ours to an acceptable level, but it's still not right.  I am one that is waiting to see what the '18 Expedition EL is like and might be trading in as soon as they become available.  

#2602 ajs800

ajs800

Enthusiast

• 123 posts

Posted Today, 10:24 AM

Well...... IM FIANALLY DONE with GM and this whole mess ! Until they get this completely figured out.  Today we received the letter saying GM would grant a 100% refund on this 2016 Escalade. We've been getting Ridiculous offers for the last few weeks from GM. Saying they would give us first $5,000 to keep the Escalpile, then 7, then 9, then 11K. Our Esq keep returning the same letter saying nothing short of a 100% refund would result in a Law suite and they would now be liable for up to $166K per Ca law.              

For those  that recognize my screen name. THIS IS THE THIRD NEWER SUV GM HAS BOUGHT BACK IN ABOUT TWO YEARS (TWO 2015'S & ONE 2016). They bought back our early production 2015 Yukon SLT. Then bought back the 2015i Escalade. Against my better judgment, my wife wanted to try another. And as we all now the 2016's are just as bad as the 2015's. GM fought me on every attempted repair with the "GM CUSTOMER SERVICE LINE"   What a joke these people are !  They are NOT GM employees, they are an outside call center group GM pays to Defuse your complaints. GM Does not care about you, They only want your money....simple as that!

All this even after the GM field engineer said our vehicle's Pico scope reading were very high. They tried all the normal known fixes, even tried Dyna matting the entire roof... Nothing will stop the booming and buffeting. They STILL are refusing to try a new exhaust system or dampener's for some reason.  So I'm VERY happy to give the keys back to another one of these PILES OF rough riding JUNK!   

I can only hope GM redesigns these vehicles. Truly great LOOKING SUV's, but they are just terrible. We've already replaced it with a New Toyota Landscruiser. Doesn't look half as nice, but it rides as a LUXURY vehicle should. Doesn't make any of the Booming or Buffeting noises. As we're preparing to give this back, the transmission is clunking bad again, and the entire dash will go black from time to time...LOL.

I wish you all the best of luck with trying to fix your Tahoe's, Yukon's and Escalades. Life is too short to be dealing with $60-100,000.00 vehicles that the manufacture KNOWS are flawed.

BYE BYE GM ! 

Did you have both buffeting and booming or both?  

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users