2656 replies to this topic

#2656 FogDucker

FogDucker

Enthusiast

• 244 posts
  • Name:Marc
  • Drives:2015i Yukon Denali

Posted 14 September 2017 - 12:39 PM

Hi All.  Been a while since I checked in.  Did anyone ever get any relief from the booming/pressure/buffeting by installing the Borla exhaust?  Back in the day, probably 2 years ago now when this thread was on fire, adding/replacing exhaust was being experimented with before focusing on the tires.  Just curious... 

I didn't get the Borla, but my 'booming' over bumps was eliminated by clamping weights/dampers on the exhaust.  I included pictures further back in this thread if anyone is interested in quantity and placement.

The buffeting was a result of tires.  It took 6 Continental replacements to get them quiet [under 10lbs] and I had them re-road force balanced when I putting them back on for the summer.  The Continentals have a tendency to flat spot which temporarily re-introduces buffeting.  I'm going to put up with them a little while longer and replace them with some Michelins for summer duty.  My BFG KO2s are awesome and don't introduce any buffeting.  That's probably why I left them on until August!  If it wasn't for the fuel economy penalty [they are 14lbs heavier per tire!], I'd leave them on year round.

The vibrating was fixed by replace the rear end.

I've been enjoying my Yukon ever since and only experienced a failed wheel bearing since.  While the root cause of the issue may never be fixed or identified on these models, I'm OK knowing that I can control the inputs [shitty or out of balance tires].

#2657 boazEarl8

boazEarl8

Enthusiast

• 139 posts

Posted 18 September 2017 - 03:16 PM

Hi All.  Been a while since I checked in.  Did anyone ever get any relief from the booming/pressure/buffeting by installing the Borla exhaust?  Back in the day, probably 2 years ago now when this thread was on fire, adding/replacing exhaust was being experimented with before focusing on the tires.  Just curious... 

My biggest improvement came from 20" wheels on KO2s religiously RFB down to 15lbs or less ... but, I did install the Borla touring and noticed slighter improvement still

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users