Good all around 20" tire?

I have a 1500 LTZ Z71 that I'm looking at lowering the rear 2", just to make it sit flush, and also getting a set of 20" KMC Slides. (See picture)

So I went with the 4x4 only because I live in Wyomjng and we can get some pretty nasty winters up here, my truck will only see off road when I'm taking it to the lake or something like that. Which is not very often. So my question is what tires would you guess recommend for me?

My previous preference would have been a Toyo M/T tire. But I usually had a lifted truck with 37" tires. So I guess I'm lost here in my situation, well thank you for the input. yra3amaz.jpg

Sounds like you want a mild AT tire. There's lots of choices. Toyo Open Country AT2 would fit your needs. The Michelin LTX AT2 would be quieter on the road than the TOYO. Both will wear very well.

I like my cooper at/3

I have the cooper at/3's too. I have around 7k on them and they still look new

How is the life of the tire? Also most importantly how's the ride and sound while on the highways and such?

Sounds like you want a mild AT tire. There's lots of choices. Toyo Open Country AT2 would fit your needs. The Michelin LTX AT2 would be quieter on the road than the TOYO. Both will wear very well.

Yeah I keep leaning toward the Toyo AT 2. But I've not yet looked at the Michelins, ill take a look. Thanks.

For a mild a/t tire that works in snow I prefer the BFG a/t. Works well in the snow. Obviously not as good as my Durratracs. The Cooper a/t3 isn't bad but recently I see a lot of guys running the Hankook Dynapro which may be a great fit for your needs.

I won't run toyo or nitto anything. They look nice on the truck. That's about it from previous experience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I opted for the Cooper Discoverer H/T Plus on mine, in 285/50/20 on KMC Brodies. 2" rear drop on mine as well. Nice mild A/T look, no noticeable noise difference from my factory tires, and reasonably priced.

CAM00067

My at/3 ride awsome. With my leveling kit and tires I pulled a 24.7 mpg average on the highway at 65. Very quiet. No signs of wear after 4,000 miles. This is my 4th set of at/3's so ya I like them.

Thanks for all the input! Ill check out the at3s. Have any of you tried or know of anyone that's used the Falcon Wild Peak A/T?

And I think I've narrowed it down to the Toyos or Cooper A/T3.

How is the life of the tire? Also most importantly how's the ride and sound while on the highways and such?

Mine are quiet, hardly any road noise at all. They ride smooth, and seem to be wearing good.

Archived