Anyone know if the Denali Bose is different, like the last two platfor

I remember that the Bose amplifier and radio was different in the GMT 900 and was not easily upgradeable, like it was on the earlier trucks, It needed harness mods and radio reprogramming to use the better amp, unlike the previous generation. I think there were at least 4 different models in the '900's: base model Bose, Denali, Escalade, & Escalade Platinum.

I was wondering if getting a Denali on the '14 platform gets you a better amplifier. Can anyone pull the part #'s?

• 3 months later...

I just purchased a '15 Chevy with Bose. One thing I noticed is that there are two options in the GM book for upgrades to amplifiers and to add Kicker speakers. Looks like they are available for the '14s as well... http://www.shopchevyparts.com/all-new-silverado-1500/electronics-c-26_2519_2520_2523.html

Also, I noticed the Bose system between my '11 and the new '15 seemed different. It definitely has more power. I don't have the Kicker upgrade though.

• 1 month later...

The 2014+ BOSE system sounds really good, it has a decent amount of bass from the console sub. Granted if you add the Kicker sub kit into the group it will make the console sub more along the lines of a mid-bass sub. I have contemplated the Kicker upgrade but I hate to have to cut my under-seat storage bin apart to get it to work.

Archived