How to make playlists on the SD card?

Anyone have any idea how to make playlists on the SD card? I got tired of my iPod being so buggy and just got an SD card. Now I have to figure out how to make play lists since it won't let me search folders. ANyone have any tips/tricks for using the SD card in the Intellilink/MyLink system?

Thanks in advance

• 2 weeks later...

For map upgrades I think. I only own one SD card and it's in the camera. Everyone has phones and iPads that can make multiple playlist and play over Bluetooth. It just doesn't seem practice (for me anyways) to try and built a playlist on an SD card.

Go Army! GO ORDNANCE!!!

I have 7000 songs on a 64 gb.... You just have to make any playlists prior to adding them to the SD card. It's time consuming, I've never bothered. I just search by artist. One annoying thing is sometimes when you scroll, it should begin to move alphabetically, sometimes it won't.

and then the usb ports, can you actually stick a usb key in there to play songs?

ive only used it to charge my phone so far.

ide like to load us a SD card with music and throw it in, it stays tucked out of the way... kinda perfect. ya ive got music on my phone but still.

Never used the SD card slot but the USB slot works well with flash drives and external hard drives. Sometimes it takes a while to load up if you have a lot of files. I just got one of these: SanDisk Cruzer Fit 64GB USB 2.0 Low-Profile Flash Drive http://www.amazon.com/SanDisk-Cruzer-Low-Profile-Drive--SDCZ33-064G-B35/dp/B00FJRS6QY/ref=sr_1_5?ie=UTF8&qid=1406132275&sr=8-5&keywords=sandisk+mini+usb so it won't stick out.

I am able to copy and paste music and video from Youtube to a sd card using Keepvid.com . You just need to use the "480max" setting from the drop down menu on Keepvid. You can convert full albums and movies from youtube. But this doesn't allow for separate chapters on video or songs on albums. I have to scroll thru using controls on the touch screen, radio, or even by holding down the controls on the back of the steering wheel. I have tried to use an external HD,but couldn't get it work. If anyone has had any luck, please tell how. Not shure if this helps?

I am able to copy and paste music and video from Youtube to a sd card using Keepvid.com . You just need to use the "480max" setting from the drop down menu on Keepvid. You can convert full albums and movies from youtube. But this doesn't allow for separate chapters on video or songs on albums. I have to scroll thru using controls on the touch screen, radio, or even by holding down the controls on the back of the steering wheel. I have tried to use an external HD,but couldn't get it work. If anyone has had any luck, please tell how. Not shure if this helps?

It might be the formatting of the drive. The one I used was a compact 100 GB I forget the brand but it was USB 2.0.

Archived