GM in more trouble??

Hmm. Link followed by an excerpthttp://www.roadandtrack.com/go/news/document-analysis-indicates-gm-lied-about-what-it-knew-re-ignition-related-deaths

The Times obtained the death inquiries, as the reports are known, through a Freedom of Information Act request. The case at the center of the article involves a Saturn Ion that lost control, crashed into a tree, and killed a passenger in the car. The driver pled guilty to criminally negligent homicide because she had traces of Xanax in her system, but GM's death inquiry concluded that the ignition failure was the likely cause of the accident. Instead of producing evidence that could have cleared the driver in this regard, GM told regulators that it didn't have enough information to make an accurate assessment of fault in that case.

In another fatal case, the Times reports that GM claimed lawyer-client privilege and refused to answer questions regarding what the company knew about what caused that crash. The documents indicate the automaker knew the cause of that one, too. It confirms the worst suspicions about the company's stonewalling tactics in the face of safety inquiries.

BS. When you're moving the loss of power steering is negligible and it's already been proven the vacuum system on the brake booster will hold enough to provide an assisted stop from 60. Just more press hate on GM. Move along.

BS. When you're moving the loss of power steering is negligible and it's already been proven the vacuum system on the brake booster will hold enough to provide an assisted stop from 60. Just more press hate on GM. Move along.

Airbag didn't inflate.

I disagree, I have had a blazer die on me while pulling off the highway and while I was able to steer it because I can manage a steering wheel without power assist I could see it being difficult for some maybe not as strong as me. But the braking was an oh #@#@ moment when they basically didn't work, lucky the exit was straight for the most part so I managed to coast it to a stop.

What I don't get is people making excuses for this company like they had no fault in this issue. They knew about these problems for years and kept it under the rug, all to save cents on the dollar. Stop pretending GM is void of any responsibility here, they deserve to be raked over the coals. I want them to hurt so bad from this that they never put .22 cents per part over a human life again, and you should too!

Test it for yourself, go out on the interstate and kill the power, see if you have problems braking and steering.

Archived