Curious how to answer 2500 v/s 3500 question

bigimac

Question

I load my 3500 with a truck camper. I constantly read comments by wonks who say the only difference between a Chevy 2500 & 3500 are the a couple rear springs & wheels-tires; two days ago: "The only difference between a 2003 Silverado 2500HD Diesel and a 2003 Silverado 3500HD Diesel SRW is the spring pack and tires."

Anyone out there that can tell me the structural difference between a 2500 & 3500?

6 answers to this question

Bigimac, I am sure I am one of those "wonks", so read up on the internet, look at the frames in person, go to a dealer and ask/look, etc for yourself. After you do all that you will most likely see that on the GMT800 trucks the SRW 3500 and 2500HD frames are the same! Yes, they are the same, and like others have stated the rear spring packs are different, and then there are some other minor stuff, wheels, tires, etc.. Good luck, sometimes I am wrong, but I try to make sure what I say is correct so others don't have to pay for my mistake.

Bigimac, I think that on some years there were lots of differences but on the last couple of generations they are pretty much the same like Matt said. :jester:

Archived