BF Goodrich Rugged Terrain

Finally decided on this tire in a standard load raised white letter. So far I like the ride but will update as I encounter terrain other than dry pavement. They look good..Better then the Bridgestone by a little I think. Really wanted the Cooper ATP in a 275/65/18 but wanted to keep my acceleration and towing that the shorter tire provides. Ultimately I would have 35's and 4.10 gears. Not many tires met my taste standards for these 18" rims. Anyone else running these tires?

Mark,

I considered those BFG's for our '10-1500, but ended up going with the Cooper A/T3 C's in the end, 275/65/18. Never noticed any difference in performance at all, even towing 7k+ other than no longer having the "wiggle" of the factory p rated tires when towing the tt.

Keep us posted when you get some miles on them!

So far I'm very happy with their dry pavement performance. It's only been a week yet I have put about 800 miles on them. Cornering is a big improvement over the Bridgestones and much less accidental tire spin from a stop. My fuel average is up a couple tenths to 17.8 ( keep in mind I have the 6.2 lol) I will update when I get some wet pavement time on them.

So far I'm very happy with their dry pavement performance. It's only been a week yet I have put about 800 miles on them. Cornering is a big improvement over the Bridgestones and much less accidental tire spin from a stop. My fuel average is up a couple tenths to 17.8 ( keep in mind I have the 6.2 lol) I will update when I get some wet pavement time on them.

Holy cow. I'm only averaging around 15.5-16 MPG (city and highway combined) with my 5.3...and you've got like 75 more horsepower than me. I really wish I had a 6.2, haha.

The mileage has improved this summer.im a little disappointed it's down to 17.3 this week with pretty much identical driving. Probably should clean the k & filth this weekend and change the oil. I really haven't seen a down side to having the 6.2 other then being hard to find.

• 3 weeks later...

I have these on my 2007 Crew cab, put 80 miles on them on the highway the day after I got them on... Took them 6 miles down some dirt roads, 2 miles on ATV trails mud and ruts and then about 100 ft across some grass/swamp/mud.... did this 4 times over the course of the weekend and not ONCE did the tires slip or leave me worrying if we were going to get stuck. LOVE THEM! Got them for about 140 a piece installed.

Archived