Just noticed...

...that the newer 14's on the lots have Gravel Guard behind the rear wheel on the back panel that goes above the body line transition. This is at least half way up the height of the bumper. Mine was made before September 2013, only has it on the rocker panels, bottom of the doors, and fans out at the flare in front of the rear wheel.

Probably been that way for a while, as I haven't been paying attention?

I stopped to check out a couple metallic green trucks, both Chevy and GMC, along with a '15 Sierra HD that looked Bad Ass.

It was more noticeable on the green truck, as I was looking closer at it.

Just wondering when they made the change? Must have had a lot of rock chip complaints? It would be beneficial where I live. Not sure about the transition line?

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It was both Chevy and GMC, Crews and Doubles.

Bad cell phone pic is all I got.

My Sierra has lots of the gravel guard paint. Built in August 2013

So des mine in front of the rear wheel. I bet yours doesn't BEHIND the rear wheel, which is what this post is about?

Mine and some others must have been made on a Friday then? There were trucks on the lot with it, and without it. Both Crews and Doubles.

Here is a bad cell pic. Notice the line that is over half way up the bumper, above the body transition line.

post-130182-0-41130400-1405962008_thumb.jpeg

Mine looks exactly like that picture... built 2/6/14. Crew cab short bed.

Thanks Luster.

Just curious as to when the timeline was on the change? Must have been very early on? I have an early Double, so does Fondupot. Mine doesn't have it as well as others, his does?

My double cab LT was built in Sept '13 and has this too. I didn't notice it until a month after I bought it... thought I had a defective paint job for a second lol.

Mine was also built Sep '13 and doesn't have it. Crazy!

Archived