2013 Sierra 1500 leveling kit help

Honestly, I wouldn't recommend going 3" in the front, unless you're going with a true suspension lift. Anything over 2.5" puts too much stress on your CV angles and ball joints. Some guys even say that anything over 2" is too much. That being said, I've seen a few guys run a 305/55/20 or a 33x12.50x20 with a 2.5" lift in the front on stock rims. Some have needed to trim some plastic, and some haven't. Every truck seems to sit just a little bit different. As far as lifting the back, that will just be your personal preference on what kind of stance you want. Tire clearance really isn't an issue in the back, when compared to the front.

So I will most likely go with a 2 or 2.5. What type of spacer is best?

These days, most spacers are well made and work just fine. www.fatbobsgarage.com has a nice selection. If you're installing the kit yourself, Zone Offroad and Rough Country make a 2" spacer that goes under the spring/strut assembly...which is easier to install because you don't have to remove the coil spring. I've had good luck with Zone Offroad products. Other companies, like Skyjacker, make a spacer that goes above the strut. I had one of those too, and it was fine...but I didn't do the installation. Other companies, like Rough Country and Ready Lift, make a 2.25" or 2.5" kit that has spacers both above and below the strut. Just stay with a name brand company, and you'll be fine. And just FYI, if you order a 2" spacer, and it's only 1" tall when it arrives, don't freak out. The height of the spacer will actually create double the lift, because of the suspension geometry.

Archived