2005 Silverado Crew Cab

I have a 2005 Silverado and am having problems with the front brake wont release on the right side. I have replace the rubber brake line from the caliper to the frame, replaced the brakes and can't find anything wront with the caliper. Does anyone have any ideas that they can give me on what the problem could be?

Personally, I have learned that often it is easier to just replace the caliper. Don't waste time trying to figure out why it's hanging up. I know my time is very valuable and if yours is as valuable as mine, I'd spend 60 bucks on a new caliper before spending over about 30 minutes trying to diagnose the problem. Calipers are dirt cheap and my time is not! :)

I would imagine that the caliper was the problem. The brake system is just a big hydrolic pump and there are no electronics controlling each wheel thus it is a purely mechanical problem.

Please do post up any updates you have and good luck!

I would imagine that the caliper was the problem. The brake system is just a big hydrolic pump and there are no electronics controlling each wheel thus it is a purely mechanical problem.

Please do post up any updates you have and good luck!

So long as the abs is not causing the problem. The abs is all electronic and it does control each wheel when activated.

Sent from my LGL86C using Tapatalk

• 3 weeks later...

Caliper piston seals can roll over onto themselves, wedge in, and cause that piston to not retract. Have seen it numerous times....a $2 seal causes you to buy an entire caliper.....unless your lucky and locally a parts store has rebuild kits or can wait for online parts.

Archived